Forget ipod with digital out. Use Plugplayer. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th October 2010, 04:48 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Forget ipod with digital out. Use Plugplayer.

After scouring the internet for days looking for a decent dock with digital out for an ipod touch I have finally taken the lateral approach and purchased Plugplayer from the appstore for around four bucks.
Plugplayer allows me to wirelessly stream audio from any networked media storage (WD My Book world) to any media player on the same network (WDTV live) The WDTV live then feeds my DAC via toslink and my LCD tv via HDMI. Plugplayer on an Iphone or Ipod touch provides a fantastic Itunes like interface for your stored music that you can carry around the house with you, anywhere that is within range of your wireless router. This truley the ultimate solution for a portable device with a superb interface but limited sorage capacity. There is approximately 600 gigs of uncompressed music and videos on my networked drive. My Ipod touch only holds 16gigs. The only problem is that Plugplayer does not display Itunes playlists .
Give it a go!
Cheers
George Papakotsias
Old 11th October 2010, 01:46 AM   #2
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

George,

There are a wealth of cool iPhone remote aps... one just needs an iPhone (something i've not afforded yet )

dave
Old 11th October 2010, 02:26 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default wandering phase plug

Hi Planet 10
An ipod touch is quite cheap these days.
This is slightly off topic, but i've been using your phase plugs on my FE207e's for years now. Great improvement. How do you stop them moving around at high volumes?

Hide this!Advertise here!