Sony CDP-M25 schematic.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Hugo,

I had such a machine. Seems that offset and amplification factor have to be readjusted to the new unit.
Open the top of the CD player. Then start a CD and try to adjust the 3 potis you find behind the CD drive. You do not need any metering instruments for this. It needs a bit of bit of trial and error, but works.
Poti positions are best, if the laser finds tracks quick.
Incline the left, right, forth and back of the player. If adjustement is well, the laser should loose track at similar angles, and not at too small angles. Also, the sound is best at best adjustment. I was able to emend the original adjustment in my machine and also repaired similar SONY CD-players this way. Hope it helps you.

Regards,
Kai

Anyone happens to have the alignment procedure for that player.
I changed the laser unit and the belt a few months ago.
Now the player has difficulties reading TOC and skips very easily.

/Hugo

Have you changed the spindle motor? I have been servicing Sony CD players for 15 years and any older machine you should always change the spindle motor when changing the laser...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.