OPA627 Best for NE5534 Change??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
mozfet said:
Whats the best sounding replacement for the venerable 5534 its for duty in a I/V stage, and while I'm at it whats the best replacement for the 5532 ????

Ta!

Mozfet (VERY out of touch!)

Hi Mozfet,
I am using the OPA604 for IV with TDA1543. OPA2604 is a dual opamp of the same type.
AD8610 with +/- 12V supplies might also be a nice contender.
:cool:

Kwak DAC

HI Elso,

Just read elsewhere about your preference for the TDA1543 over everything else, I presume this is with your own Acitve I/V stage (using OPA604??) any diagrams? I have a few TDA1543 and I confess I like the idea of a great DAC from this inexpensive component, also while I have your attention any chance of your latest clock?? I've been ill for a while and never had a chance to try the (version 4?) you kindly sent me.

Hi Peter,

How did you come up with the idea of the 14 Caps on the TDA1541A executed like that? (Genius!) I think I should give up on Electronics and take up Pottery! I wont even mention that work of Art you call a Gainclone!

Mozfet:nod:

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
OPA627 is very suited for this purpose. One of the best I know and I tried a lot. Please don't forget to remove the compensation cap that is usually mounted when NE5534 is used ( 22 pF ) because OPA627 is compensated internally. Don't be tempted to use OPA637, it is not the right one on this spot.

For NE55232 there are a lot of suitable replacements. OPA2604 is OK but there are better ones ( all with other strong points in which they excel ) out there. This has been discussed many times on this forum, please use the search function on NE5532 and I am sure you find the sometimes heated discussions. AD826 is not bad either.

Whatever opamp you use, please decouple fast(er) opamps well. They'll thank you for it by doing their work instead of oscillating or exhibiting other nasty side-effects.

Re: Kwak DAC

mozfet said:
HI Elso,

Just read elsewhere about your preference for the TDA1543 over everything else, I presume this is with your own Acitve I/V stage (using OPA604??) any diagrams? I have a few TDA1543 and I confess I like the idea of a great DAC from this inexpensive component, also while I have your attention any chance of your latest clock?? I've been ill for a while and never had a chance to try the (version 4?) you kindly sent me.
Mozfet:nod:
Hi Mozfet,
First opamp is now OPA604, second opamp discrete. 3k3 from Vref pin to ground.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=187462#post187462
You can download version 7 of my clock here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=199928#post199928

;)

From my experiences it results ,that best arrangements DAC
with speed of exit's tension and short transitory time
: OPA are 627,AD 8610 ,AD825, except
Are and it can act different arrangement operating OPA604 well, 134 , it is132
Good checked myself what plays in best one's cd .
On my side it is pare of examples of use of arrangements to to get high quality of sound.
I'm sorry behind English , computer translator - understanding incomplete :bawling:

www.gregaudio.republika.pl

Please don't forget to remove the compensation cap that is usually mounted when NE5534 is used ( 22 pF ) because OPA627 is compensated internally.

Does the TL071 have compensation, too?
The 071s in Quad 44 preamp has a 47p between pins 5 and 8. What to do if I want to try 627 here? Short the cap, open the circuit or put another cap?

Cheers,
Tom

TL071 and OPA 627 connected pin is not 8 in casing DIP8 and SOIC8.
Version is in casing TO-99 metal and teflon to military aims .
Arrangement in this casing has connected pin 8 and it it was been possible to use him.
Opa 627 steps out in such casing.
TL071 in catalogue do not write about such casing ,but such produced was maybe?

gregaudio

Re: TLO72 replacement?

Ricren said:
I have an old active crosover populated with TLO72. Would you care to suggest me a more modern-best sounding alternative? The OPA627 would do?
The OPA627 is really good but it's hardly wise to use this if you can't get it for free because this opamp isn't worth price. It's the most expensive you can find. You can almost buy a new crossover for the money.

An good replacement is OPA2604 and OPA2134 and the later is slightly better accordning to datasheet.

As Jocko says, TL0x isn't the coolest opamp around.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.