The Denon DN961

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
I have a Denon Pro CD Player for repair. I have the service manual. I have replaced the laser. The machine is in test mode. There is very low laser output. LD on pin goes high when activated. Vcc is present (+5V). Activating focus search does not result in focus lock. The manual says there is a solder blob on the LD to protect it from ESD. I can't find a blob on the LD itself. Is there one on the laser assy PCB?. Looked but can't see. All my experience is on Pioneer (10 years engineer @ Reference Point dealer) So I'm unfamiliar with Denon / Sony derivatives. Am I missing something? Any help would be very much appreciated.
Cheers.
Andy

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Many KSS series pickups have a shorting link... it's on the flexiprint or PCB shorting two adjacent tracks out.

That would give NO output, not low output.

If you have replaced pickup and output is low you need to check the APC (laser auto power circuit) area.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.