Op amp swapping - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th October 2010, 06:14 AM   #31
Mooly is offline Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

Looks like the 4562's are bad or counterfeits to me. Where did you get them from ? The distortion looks like crossover problems in the output stage... if they are counterfeit they could be anything, comparators even and not opamps at all.
Old 27th October 2010, 07:08 AM   #32
liquias is offline liquias  Israel
diyAudio Member

It is possible. I have no choice but to buy some of my components from ebay.
This batch was bought on ebay. The problem is I have no way to get some lm4562s, but from ebay again...
How come everything looks fine when I raise R2 and R1's value ?
Old 27th October 2010, 07:23 AM   #33
diyAudio Moderator

Raising the value of the resistors eases the load on the output stage... which should be irrelevant here... but as it's not it makes me suspect these are not even opamps as such, or perhaps some device with an open ended output stage.

Out of interest try adding a resistor of say 1k from the opamp output to the positive rail, and then try same to negative rail. Does the distortion go ?
Old 27th October 2010, 07:24 AM   #34
diyAudio Moderator

I found this,
Fake LM4562? - Head-Fi.org Community
Old 28th October 2010, 09:19 PM   #35
diyAudio Member

I got some as samples from NatSemi. I wouldn't trust to buy them from China... I think there are other legitimate shops that would ship to Israel - Farnell?
Old 28th October 2010, 10:25 PM   #36
diyAudio Member

I gifted him a couple pieces of genuine LM4562. Put them in the mail yesterday.
Old 29th October 2010, 07:06 AM   #37
diyAudio Member

Guys, thank you all ! so much !
It does look like I've been had. I have been hearing about fake parts for quite some time now (mostly in DIY-Audio), but e-bay is and unfortunately will be one of my sources for electronic components, since I live in Israel. There are very little shops around here that carry stock components, and I'm talking nation wide (well, a very small nation ).

Farnell do ship here, but they use local dealers that use to be electronic components shops (Now they only serve as extensions of Farnell). The bad news is that recently they started charging a not so small fee for the shipment if the total price is less than 100US$. This makes me wait for 6 months or so (to gather enough components I need...) before I order anything from Farnell. And I still use Farnell quite allot (mostly work related) (two weeks ago I got a shipment of components from them, long time till I'll be able to order again...)
Farnell is one of the only shops that ship to Israel. Digikey also ships here, but again they ask for 40US$ only for shipment. And there aren't any others as far as I know.

I use e-bay, since I can order allot of things I need, most of the time price is good enough, and I pay for each item individually. Plus, I really don't have a choice some times. This is the first time I have encountered counterfeits. I guess this is inevitable, but it's still not very common.

I do not know where I could find LM4562s other than e-bay at the moment. In-fact when I got theAnonymous1's offer for help, I was looking around in e-bay pages of4562's wondering how I can tell the good ones (If there are any) from the fake ones. I wonder if the seller himself knows about the parts being fake.

Again, THANK YOU ALL, for offering your knowledge, your time, and your components .
I am proud of being a part of this group, and I hope that in some day, I'll be able to return the favor.
Old 29th October 2010, 07:45 AM   #38
diyAudio Member

@Mooly,
found this :
Replace NE5532AN
Now I know why you suggested the 40 Ohm resistor on the outputs of the op amps ....

Hide this!Advertise here!