Diy DAC with AD1955 ???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi I 'am total newby ...
But does any body have some shematics how to conect cd transport with I2S to AD1955 ???
Or any chematic of DAC with 1955 ???
I have see some DAC with AD1865 and TDA1543 which use CS8412 , but could not find any thing on AD1955...
On AD web pages I have found only shematic with AD1955 and I/V stage with AD797...

Is diy DAC with AD1955 just too complicated for a newby ???

Any answer will be great help

Thanks
Josip

AD1955

Hi, Joke,
I'm also interested in a design w. AD1955. In fact, I'm designing something with it. I don't know when I wll be ready, but surely I'll make a schematics and a PCB for this.
However, If you take source IIS from some other hardware /not your DIY/ it's greatly reccomendable that you can obtain low-jitter source for the DAC. Try upgrading the Clock Source first, and if you want, I'll keep you in touch w. my design.
AD 1955 is a good sigma-delta /one of the best/ and is easy to connect to IIS source. It requires, however, external I-V conversion and great care must be taken here. I prefer trying LC-filtering of the HF against using very expencice op-amps like AD797, AD8620 , AD811 etc. My design will use NE5532A or OPA2134.
Regards,
Kaloyan

AD1955 DIY DAC

I`m work :)
current project
SM5847+Ad1955 (external filter settings)+AD8138(I-V stage)+(AD8131+AD9631 diff to single )=LPF
power supply op2177+blue led. BG&OScon,Wima FKP:)
PCB layout about 80% very hard on 2 layers ,very slow (start december 2002) :(
from VAU1254 signal input to EPM3064 by Altera.
sorry my bad english :(

Hi Norbert...I know about yours DAC design and I drop by on yours web page from time to time just to see whats new;)

Õàëÿâùèê

I have datashits for CS8414/8413 and AD1955 ...
so what should I connect

CS8414 Ad1955
MCK - MCLK
VERF - ?
SCK - ?
FSYNC - LRCLK

Whell any way thank you folks for your answers but I think I 'am goon' put this on coold and read more about DAC...:bawling: ...and I have to finish my Aleph-X :devily: ...so...

Regards Josip

joke
ÑS8414 -> AD1955

SDATA -> SDATA (pin4 of AD1955) data
SCK -> BCLK (pin3) bitclock for data
FSYNC -> LRCLK (pin2) wordclock for data (left ch/rigth ch.)
MCK ->MCKL (pin28) main system clock

It`s standard for wires of I2S-link.

VERF is pin for indicating errors in audio data signal (see page 20 datasheet). It can be not used.

See also tab3 page 21
You need in

M2 M1 M0

0 1 0 (2-OUT L/R , I2S Compatible)
low high low

AD1955
see page 6 of datasheet for it
PD/RST pin - reset (autoreset by power-on if high)
the SPI pins (24,25, and 26) should be tied to DGND or DVDD. (DGND better)
pin9 DSD_PHASE should be connected low (DGND).

Shematic for CS8414 but AD1853. But circuit difficult, there is used indication of a format of an digital input. DjVu format.

http://www.zeuslab.newmail.ru/images/D24/d24sch.djvu
AD1955 ñan work with the data up to 48kHz only, if the external microcontroller is not represented.

This shematic from
Zeuslab pages (russian DIY audio laboratory)
There are a lot of different shematics and photos DIY DACs, including devoted 1X oversampling, but text in Russian.

Regards
Halyavshick

Input PCB

DAC_input.jpg

This is the Input PCB module, screenshot of the CAD PCB view

Basically I've used a different topology, yet being on modular basis, so handling lots of experiments.
Generally it is Resampling stand-alone DAC with fixed /low-jitter/ oscillator and various options for power supply Regs. and I/V converters. The main idea is to do some evaluation on a good-quality PCBs, determing differencies between various topologies fof these chips. I've already got some of the modules working right and sounding fine.

I really need to learn Chinese and start visiting these Chinese DIY sites. People are always posting really nice designs, and I get the feeling I'm missing a lot on this english-only site. Everything I see from Hong Kong or Taiwan or even Japan, Korea, Singapore, etc seems to have a subtly different design aesthetic, and of course regionally popular components. The DAC linked above looks very nice!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.