Marantz CD80 remote problem please help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
Recently i have made a shortcut by mistake and damaged my marantz CD80. It was not reading the cd's at all. And then, i replaced the MN4264P-15 and SAA7220B/P chips with new ones. Yes, now my CD80 works properly, except remote control! I am now thinking that may be the MN4264P-15 was responsible for the remote control function??? I think it is a programmable memory chip and the new installed one should be programmed then remote function will work. Any idea about it? How can i fix this problem?
Thank you

Last edited:
The MN is not programmable, it's just a RAM. It's used by the 7310 decoder. It has nothing to do with remote control (7220 also not). So you must have damaged something else. If it worked before the repair, i would even expect a loose cable.

Looks like the rc signal enters via 22-2 on the emain pcb, goes through two transistors and then to pin 2 of the 6805 controller. In between the transistors there is a connection to 4-6 and 4-11, which is remote in/out.
Just follow this path using a scope.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.