QLS QA350 WAV Player Discussion, Troubleshooting - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th June 2010, 07:00 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default QLS QA350 WAV Player Discussion, Troubleshooting

Hi All,

This little unit has potential despite its drawbacks, so I thought it might deserve a topic of its own here. There is a thread on the QA550, a similar unit w/o the DAC and rechargeable battery, but it makes sense to start a new thread. The company's website is here:

QA350--SD Card WAV High Fidelity Music Player

FYI, this is a standalone, battery-powered portable player that uses SD cards as media, It has been reviewed here:

REVIEW: QLS QA-350 solid state transport - amazing sound and versatility! - Head-Fi.org Community

And here:

QES QA350 Player | Headfonia

Yes, the display is too small, it's a little bulky, and it only takes WAV files, which is a bit inconvenient. But it does have an amazing sound quality, easily the best sounding thing I've ever heard that can be slipped into a (slightly large) pocket.

Anybody out there with one that would like to share impressions, hints, uses, upgrades?

At the moment, the "Forums" section on the QLS website is non-functional. Perhaps Clark Chen from QLS will pop in from time to time to give us a hand with problems.

--Buckapound
Old 30th June 2010, 12:19 AM   #2
Korrah is offline Korrah  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

The forums are functional... if you can read and write in chinese.
Old 11th February 2011, 04:04 PM   #3
juanito is offline juanito  Europe
diyAudio Member

I'm very interested too, I'm quite tented to grab one at ebay. I found all about this by pure chance looking for a CD player with the wolfson DAC.
I see there is a direct competitor wich is HM-801, but at a very high price.
One inconvenient is that the QA350 only plays WAV's. I would like to play also other loossless audio formats such as FLAC's, APE's, etc...pitty!
Old 11th February 2011, 04:39 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Yes, the WAV limitation is a problem, as is the very tiny screen which is almost useless. But the thing sounds great. For a compact, portable source of great sound, it's hard to beat, especially for the price.

I find myself using it in the car and for airline travel. MUCH better that the iPod, even when used with a headphone amp.If you're not using it for portability, there are better solutions, like a media player with an external DAC, or the new Aune Ape player:

HDD players with built in PCM1794 DAC

--Buckapound
Old 22nd July 2013, 06:40 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

QLS-HiFi has English site and fourm online right now, go and check:
QLS-HiFi Forums - Portal

Hide this!Advertise here!