Votes: 40 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 16 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gravity vs Sonic Oerception.

Agreed.

Personal opinion? Of course not. Is gravity a 'personal opinion'? There either is an audible difference or there is not. I fail to see how that can be a 'personal opinion'.

jan didden

Hi Jan (and anyone else with nothing else better to do than get involved in this diatribe - or should that be multitribe ;) ),
From the above quote I begin to wonder whether you and others are being deliberately obtuse. Either that or you have a weird sense of logic to infer that hearing a difference or not after the insertion of a $12 component in an audio signal path is as debatable as gravity. We are talking here about differences of personal opinion in what is output by the speakers, end of! If I hear a difference but but you don't, or vice versa, that can be put down to a personal difference in perception - that is not an option when considering gravity (unless you know something that we mere mortals don't). And that's all were are discoursing about, one person's percepton versus another person's perception. Most rational people understand that perceptions cannot be quantified or measured so asking for tests to prove the existence or otherwise of what some people may or not hear is pointless and anyone with pretentions towards an engineering outlook must know that - so where does that leave you and others who adopt the same viewpoint?
FWIW the most sensible recent post on here (excluding mine, of course :eek: ) is that of Sendler.
Again I appeal to the mods to put this thread to rest as it stopped serving any purpose useful to anyone many pages ago and is now serving only to polarise opinion, quite severely, IMHO.
Byeeee!!
Dave.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
The Story of the Thread so far.

For those of you just tuning in, here is the story of the thread so far:
  • 2 devices were presented that are claimed to reduce jitter with favorable sonic results.
  • Listening tests and measurements were undertaken on both devices.
  • Both the measurements and the listening tests were criticized as not accurate enough.
  • No one has provided or performed better tests or measurements.

Much fur has flown and virtual ink has been spilled without changing the four points above.
(need we really go further?)

For those of you just tuning in, here is the story of the thread so far:
  • 2 devices were presented that are claimed to reduce jitter with favorable sonic results.
  • Listening tests and measurements were undertaken on both devices.
  • Both the measurements and the listening tests were criticized as not accurate enough.
  • No one has provided or performed better tests or measurements.

Much fur has flown and virtual ink has been spilled without changing the four points above.
(need we really go further?)

Just to clarify...

• The original claimant has not been able to substantiate his claim
  • The original claimant has withdrawn from the thread.

w

Status
Not open for further replies.