RF Attenuators = Jitter Reducers - Page 29 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
View Poll Results: Do you have a SPDIF transformer in your Digital Device
Yes 40 71.43%
No 16 28.57%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 3rd November 2010, 03:14 AM   #281
Banned

My interests are my business. Respond to the main thrust of my argument instead of trying to sidetrack the discussion or be seen to be insincere.

Do you normally reject claims that are made on the basis of poor or no evidence where your interests are at stake?

w

Old 3rd November 2010, 03:20 AM   #282
jkeny is offline jkeny  Ireland
Banned

Do you not understand the point of the video? The senses are in conflict & the brain has to make sense of what it sees Vs what it hears.

Now tell me how this relates to what we are talking about here? Does my box move & cause some confusion in the senses? Does it look like it should produce a really high-end sound? Ask SY about this! Exactly what is your point?

Old 3rd November 2010, 03:24 AM   #283
Banned

I'm up far too late & am wasting valuable sleep time with this! Goodnight!

Old 3rd November 2010, 03:26 AM   #284
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeny View Post
I'm up far too late & am wasting valuable sleep time with this! Goodnight!
Translation:- I am holed below the waterline and sinking.

w

Old 3rd November 2010, 03:30 AM   #285
diyAudio Member

whew - lots of smoke, no heat.

Guys, lets just take it as read - a claim has been made. Its basis has been stated. Some will accept that basis as valid, others will not.

Some will ask for further validation, others will be happy with what there is. Still others will insist that validation is impossible or the act of validation will corrupt the ability to perceive the claim.

None will bend to accept the stand of the other. Its the nature of the personalities involved and the argument being had.

Now its descended to the level of playground taunting, it may be a good time to reflect on the value of continuing...

M2CW - if someone finds that ANY item improves their enjoyment of a passtime, who am I to rob them of that enjoyment?

And if someone suggests I try something that has a small cost (financial, time or emotional...) I would accept that too.

If however someone is selling me something or making a claim for something that seems, on the face of it, unlikely or incredible, I should question it. Politely.

And if I'm the one making the claim, I should substantiate it. Politely.

Enjoy!

Old 3rd November 2010, 03:46 AM   #286
Banned

Hey, aardvarkash10

Good to see the Sun hasn't blown up while it's below the horizon. With that reassurance I think I'll crash too...

w

Old 3rd November 2010, 05:28 AM   #287
diyAudio Member

what horizon? The earth is a flat plate riding on the back of four elephants that in turn ride on a fleet of turtles.

We know this over here because people leave New Zealand and never come back... Clearly, they have gone over the edge and fallen to their doom.

Some say they leave for a better life in another country, but I feel my explanation is far more plausible. And interesting.

Old 3rd November 2010, 07:30 AM   #288
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarkash10 View Post
whew - lots of smoke, no heat.

And if someone suggests I try something that has a small cost (financial, time or emotional...) I would accept that too.

Enjoy!
That's exactly the premise on which this thread was started despite being derailed numerous times by TRolls. As Sendler said not one person tried it in 20+ pages - that's a lot of hot air!. I really don't understand the great reluctance.

Now we are talking about the modified Hiface which anyone can try - the details I posted on DIYA - again it's a minimal cost experiment!

I have produced independent scope shots; I have cited numerous posts from individuals attesting to what they hear; I have provided the unit & attenuators to SY. I really don't know why all this trolling is allowed particularly when it is personal attacks.

Old 3rd November 2010, 07:59 AM   #289
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeny View Post
I have produced independent scope shots; I have cited numerous posts from individuals attesting to what they hear; I have provided the unit & attenuators to SY. I really don't know why all this trolling is allowed particularly when it is personal attacks.
Well, the answer is to not feed the trolls. I applaud your assisting SY (the thinking man's cynic imho) make the measurements he does so well. THe other stuff you've provided, while interesting, will by its nature raise the blood pressure of objectivists. Not saying its wrong, just that it doesn't meet a high standard of independance or objectivity.

In the end however, the sound is listened to LARGELY subjectively, so wtf. If it sounds good to you, thats what matters. Hell, 5,000,000 SET amps can't be all bad...

Old 3rd November 2010, 08:18 AM   #290
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxalito View Post
Certainly its germane what DACs you're proposing to use for any listening tests. While I don't question the measured performance of the DCX I would caution against using it for listening - by all accounts its not particularly transparent. The M-Audio is a PCI card so that can't be relevant to listening to an SPDIF signal.
I would concur with this view - I would query the wisdom of using such DACs as the listening devices. The Benchmark DCX2496 has been analysed & found wanting. I would wonder about listening to a PC DAC. Sy, you might want to address these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarkash10
THe other stuff you've provided, while interesting, will by its nature raise the blood pressure of objectivists. Not saying its wrong, just that it doesn't meet a high standard of independance or objectivity.
If you mean the scope shots, I'm not sure why you think they are not of a high standard - Joseph K's test set-up is described in detail early on in this thread & Mike Galusha's set-up is described elsewhere, I believe. As for the rest, it is intended for those that trust their ears.

Well of course sound is subjective - like a lot of things that we take pleasure in - why would we want it any other way?

Last edited by jkeny; 3rd November 2010 at 08:33 AM.

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!