Marantz CD6002 "No Disc" Error

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I am new to this forum just joined today so hello to everyone.

My Marantz CD6002 shows "No Disc" on display even with a CD in the tray.

After searching the net I was led to believe that the laser needed replacement so I bought the KSS-213CCM new and installed it. I think that I did it correctly it was just a simple drop in but even after the replacement it still displays the same "No Disc" message. Does the new laser need to be calibrated? When I put a CD in the laser lens pops up and down a couple of times, the spindle does not spin the CD and I get that message on screen.

One thing I noted previously was that before installing the new laser I pulled the old mech+laser out to see how it is done and when I put the same laser back in the CD player it started working but started showing the same message after a couple of hours of no use.

I am now thinking that there could be something else wrong with it maybe just a cable or something more serious?? :confused:

If any of you guys have experienced this problem then can you please suggest what could be wrong with it. Your opinions will be much appreciated.

Best regards

Hi,

I am new to this forum just joined today so hello to everyone.

My Marantz CD6002 shows "No Disc" on display even with a CD in the tray.

After searching the net I was led to believe that the laser needed replacement so I bought the KSS-213CCM new and installed it. I think that I did it correctly it was just a simple drop in but even after the replacement it still displays the same "No Disc" message. Does the new laser need to be calibrated? When I put a CD in the laser lens pops up and down a couple of times, the spindle does not spin the CD and I get that message on screen.

One thing I noted previously was that before installing the new laser I pulled the old mech+laser out to see how it is done and when I put the same laser back in the CD player it started working but started showing the same message after a couple of hours of no use.

I am now thinking that there could be something else wrong with it maybe just a cable or something more serious?? :confused:

If any of you guys have experienced this problem then can you please suggest what could be wrong with it. Your opinions will be much appreciated.

Best regards

Maybe you should remove soldering iron AFTER installing 24 pin cable.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I think what niewiem means is to check that any shorting link (solder blob) is removed after fitting. Most KSS pickups have this.

Othe common problems are worn (commutator wear as well as bearing) spindle motors and problems with sled sticking.

Check the link first :)

I think what niewiem means is to check that any shorting link (solder blob) is removed after fitting. Most KSS pickups have this.

Othe common problems are worn (commutator wear as well as bearing) spindle motors and problems with sled sticking.

thanks niewiem & Mooly for your suggestions. Mooly can you please elaborate on where exactly the solder blob should be on the laser assembly?

Also, one thing I don't understand is why the old laser suddenly started working after it was just removed & re-fitted and then died again after couple of hours of player being switched off.

I will remove the new laser and have a look for the blob of solder if I can find it.

Thanks again

Regards

Thanks Mooly and niewiem for your advice, I managed to find the solder blob on the KSS pickup and remove it.

Now my Marantz is working perfectly and I am really really happy! :):)

Thanks once again everyone, this is a great forum.

Best Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.