Wireless Digital Transport from TI - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th May 2010, 06:59 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Wireless Digital Transport from TI

Has anyone looked at this yet: 2.4 GHz Wireless Audio ? RF Transceiver IC - TI.com

I have been thinking for a while about how to implement wireless transport of a digital stream that I could hook to a DAC, then I stumbled across this. I ordered one of the eval kits to play with. (As if I didn't already have enough incomplete projects...)

I have also looked at the Avnera stuff Avnera Corporation but it is analog in/out, seems silly to me to go D/A -> A/D -> wireless -> D/A.
Old 26th May 2010, 12:13 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I ordered the evaluation module but it's backordered til next month.
Now busy designing a rf pcb with two class-d amps a debug and a codec on board, no result yet but must be an interesting project.
Old 1st June 2010, 06:13 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Implement a wireless transport of a digital stream that you could hook to a DAC....... like, say, a Squeezebox?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightydub View Post
Has anyone looked at this yet: 2.4 GHz Wireless Audio ? RF Transceiver IC - TI.com

I have been thinking for a while about how to implement wireless transport of a digital stream that I could hook to a DAC, then I stumbled across this. I ordered one of the eval kits to play with. (As if I didn't already have enough incomplete projects...)

I have also looked at the Avnera stuff Avnera Corporation but it is analog in/out, seems silly to me to go D/A -> A/D -> wireless -> D/A.
Old 2nd June 2010, 05:12 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

I'm looking for simple - I don't want all the music player features, I want SPDIF in -> wireless -> SPDIF out. I already have a computer with an external USB DAC and digital out - just need a way to cut the cord to the stereo.
Old 2nd June 2010, 06:33 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightydub View Post
I'm looking for simple - I don't want all the music player features, I want SPDIF in -> wireless -> SPDIF out. I already have a computer with an external USB DAC and digital out - just need a way to cut the cord to the stereo.
You and me both, brother ...
Old 3rd June 2010, 05:30 PM   #6
gmarsh is offline gmarsh  Canada
diyAudio Member

I've successfully sent SPDIF using a wireless video sender intended for sending NTSC video, as an experiment. Waveform was horrible coming out, and I'm afraid to know how much jitter was added by the process, but it worked.
Old 4th June 2010, 01:58 AM   #7
Banned

Default Interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarsh View Post
I've successfully sent SPDIF using a wireless video sender intended for sending NTSC video, as an experiment. Waveform was horrible coming out, and I'm afraid to know how much jitter was added by the process, but it worked.
Do you have a schematic ?

Regard
Anadgit
Old 4th June 2010, 11:38 AM   #8
gmarsh is offline gmarsh  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANADIGIT View Post
Do you have a schematic ?

Regard
Anadgit
Nope, you don't need one. Buy a NTSC wireless video transmitter, plug SPDIF from your sending equipment into the video port of the transmitter. Take SPDIF off the video port of the receiver.

Hide this!Advertise here!