Need your help on Meridian CD Transport 207! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th May 2010, 03:35 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Arrow Need your help on Meridian CD Transport 207!

I have Meridian CD Transport 207; it can read all original CDs & CDR, but cannot read Chinese original CDS. (Those Chinese CDs can read very well on my other CD players Philips LHH800R and Sony CDP-X3000) I was recaps on Servo PCB and adjusted as per manual instruction, but there was no any improvement! Final brought to local electronic shop and they tried, but still no any improvements! I was suspect replace CDM2 lazer arm. I was find an Marantz CD75 player with very good reading CDs (Tested can read all CDs very fast which CDs Meridian canít reads) I planed swap CDM2 mechanism group, but the Marantz CDM2/10 PCB (with 4 connectors) different from Meridian CDM2/10 (with 5 connectors). I tried to swap laser arm with motor group to Meridian and adjusted 1k pat within 50mv. (Laser arm alignment not necessary, because replaced group from Marantz) the problem still the same cannot read some CDs. Seems the problem not laser arm, maybe on PCB. (Also checked power supply PCB all caps within spec, there was no any dry solder)
Anyone can help me on this? Is it possible any problem on my Meridian CDM2 Servo PCB, (Recaps all on Servo PCB)?
Thanks in advance!
Raj

Hide this!Advertise here!