New WM8740 DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looks like a very interesting implementation;
DAC WM8740 4.0 Wolfson up-sampling 24bit/192KHz USB - eBay Other, Amplifiers, Home Audio, Electronics. (end time 07-May-10 00:15:21 AEST)

I've just ordered one to see how it sounds - I'm guessing probably similar to the CA DACMagic, but I don't know how well the dual differential set up will come off compared to the way CA did it. Then of course there is OPA134 compared with the CA NE5532.

First thing will be to swap out the OPA134 for OPA627.....

Last edited:
First thing will be to swap out the OPA134 for OPA627.....

Does look interesting. For the price, these little Chinese DAC's are quite nice. Even if it's not great, it can't sound too bad ;-)

Please do report back how the layout and construction look and how it sounds.

Personally, I'd interested to see an 8741 based DAC with some of the Min vs linear phase options.

I also have this dac too, And it sounds great, But it needs a good sounding transport, Because I have tried 3 players as transport, And all of them sound different from each other. Use the coaxial in, As it sounds better to my ears than the opti in. I'll be replacing mine with ad797 and their on their way.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.