Pioneer PD-9300 carriage problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.
I have just got hold of a Pioneer PD-9300 cd player which unfortunately will not play.
I suspect that the fault is with the carriage, as the laser unit is always "loose", even when it tries to read discs.
What I mean by that, is that when I inset a disc, everything works except the carriage on which the laser is mounted, which just sits and does nothing.
It is free moving,but appears to have no power to it.
I also noticed another fault with the unit, in that the display button lights the LED when pressed, but does not appear to do anything.
Can anyone help.
Thank's.

Hi.
Since I wrote the above problem, I have been busy trying to find what is wrong, but I am having no luck.
I have found two blown fuse type components, marked N10 (IC22 and IC23 on the schematic), and a blown transistor marked A1084 (Q10 on the schmatic).
I replaced them and checked lots of other components, but found nothing else wrong, so I fired it up.
They blew.
I stripped the machine, replaced them again and fired it up with nothing connected. I did this until the only thing left to connect was the laser "ribbon" cable.
They blew again.
I have tested so many components now that I'm about to give up, so I thought I would have one last bash at asking for help.
If it is of use, I have the service manual for it (PD-71), but I cannot upload it here for some reason.
I will send a copy via email, if there is anyone who can help.
Just send a request to mschwilson@aol.com
Thank's for your time.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.