digital domain network audio streamer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello to you all!

i'd like to ask you advice about the possibility of building (or modding) a network audio streamer, but simpler. i'm asking this because my next audio system will be heavily based on the about to come Hypex DSP Standalone Crossover, meaning two important changes in my current audio system:
1- the crossover will be active, and therefore i'll need to build several amplifiers to my currently being built speakers (6 channels)
2 - the crossover is digital, which makes it an ideal opportunity to do the big jump and enter the network audio streaming technology.

about issue 2, as i have no interest in the existence of an internal DAC in the network audio streamer, most (if not all) of the currently available audio streamers do not fit in the simplicity i'm requesting. what i need is simply something that gathers audio files from the network (high resolution, plus internet radio, if possible), and spits them out still digital towards the standalone DSP module.

do you have any plans for something "this simple"? i could even add a touchscreen to make it fancier :D

thank you!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.