Meridian 508.24 - modding opamps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have tried finding info regarding modding the opamps that are in the 508.24 but found only limited info. I have not popped the top yet, but believe that there are 4 NE5534's, of which two are used for summing the balanced out from the DACS to the single ended output, and the other two are used for the I/V conversion. That is just a hunch, but if anyone had a schematic or knowledge regarding the matter I would appreciate it.

I have a schematics. You may try to ask Meridian for one if you are an owner with serial number and registered with them.

The opamps are NE5534 (at least on mine).
I have tried OPA627 (sounds good but supply voltage is too low for the 627s), am currently using OPA727 (more suited for +/-5V), and shall be swapping them for LT6230 soon, but need to etch a special adaptor board first.

If you want to try the same, you may get 4 Bungard boards from me at a nominal cost. Send me a PM.
LT6230 you can get from Digikey.

Patrick

Last edited:
As promised some pictures of the opamp adaptors.
A skilled DIYer would have no problem making the same for himself.

(PS The LT-Chip should face downwards towards the Meridian PCB.
....The "closed holes" have pins to replace connections for the DIP-8 Opamp.)

Regards,
Patrick

Attachments

• 110225 LT6230 s.JPG
    110225 LT6230 s.JPG
    527.6 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.