Best Bridge Diode IC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking for the best audio grade Bridge Diode IC if one exists. I read replacing bridge diodes with Schotty diodes is best but I'm tring to keep originial look inside case so I need a good quality Bridge IC. Is there a bridge Schotty or mabye a high end Bridge IC out there?

It's an unanswerable question :)

What working voltage is required ?
What current ?
Package outline ?

Shottky diodes have there uses but are not a magic upgrade regardless :)

One bridge I need is a 35 amp db3508P rated at 800V 28.7 MM square with spade pins & ,the other I need is a KBU8G 8A 400V KBU case style 23.7mm length. The KBU I have is made by Gi the DB3508 is made by diotech.

I don't think you will find bridge IC... just use 4 discrete diodes to make bridge. It can look very nice as well.

Try RURP3060. It will meet you requirements (at 600V it should be fine for all applications, even 3 phase!!!). I use this diode for all my modifications. It delivers excellent sound improvements, even with AC voltages at around 30V...like in CD players / transports / DAC's / pre-amps...

It works best in valve gear. Single ended and/or directly heated designs especially benefits from this upgrade - amazing improvement worth every cent.

I was also after bridge IC drop-in replacement that sounds nice (fast and/or schotky)… but couldn’t find anything as good as discrete diodes.

Boky

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I don't mean to open a can of worms, but Peter Daniel has said in another thread:
"Don't use diodes from Fairchild as they are very edgy and have glare. I found Motorola and On Semi parts better sounding."
And then he said the ON Semi MSR was more musical than the MUR, so I have some MSR1560 waiting to go in soon.....

I don't mean to open a can of worms, but Peter Daniel has said in another thread:
"Don't use diodes from Fairchild as they are very edgy and have glare. I found Motorola and On Semi parts better sounding."
And then he said the ON Semi MSR was more musical than the MUR, so I have some MSR1560 waiting to go in soon.....

I just ordered some fairchild bridges since there didn't seem to be anything high end available in my package sizes.. Guess I will not put in the fairchild since they aren't as good. I did change a regualtor with a JRC & then had to change back to a ON since it was noticably cleaner. I only changed to the JRC in the first place because it was higher amperage. I guess ON(formerly Motorola) just makes better semiconductors.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.