Sony X5000 troubleshooting - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st February 2013, 02:36 PM   #11
dacen is offline dacen  Norway
diyAudio Member

Yes the skipping problem is cured. The start up problem is something I am experiencing as well from time to time. Have been trying to look into the reset circuits of the chips involved but I have not been successful so far. I will certainly advice when I find the right solution. If you need the service manual for the x5000 I will send it to you, just let me know.
Old 1st February 2013, 02:51 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

CDM PRO - Enco Systems, replacement part for ROWE, NSN, Wurlitzer and Rockolla jukebox CD players.

cd Smøremiddel [155280] - 52,00Kr : Hallenslev Radio-tv, Velkommen i on-line butikken
The last on is only in Danish, but this is some lubricants that might be useful.
Old 1st February 2013, 04:14 PM   #13
Salar is offline Salar  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hello dacen!
Thanks a lot for you quick reply!
Very interesting. So we both experience the same problems, there must be a weak point in the design.
Maybethe RC-circuit for denoising the switches´ impulses is missing?
I do not know the technical term for this circuitry. German expression is "entprellen / Anti-Prellschaltung".
I have the SM too and as far as I remember, the switches are directly connected to the logic IC´s.
So no "Prellschaltung". (Or RC-Circuit is implemented in the IC, but I guess the condensers needed are too large for this)
I also have some grease, from Panasonic Service but did not use it yet.
All the best,
Salar

Last edited by Salar; 1st February 2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 1st February 2013, 05:25 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

If you are talking about contact-bounce, I have no problem of that sort. I experience start up problems during power up, that is when the player is cold. After being turned on for a short while the problem dissapear.
Old 2nd February 2013, 08:49 AM   #15
Salar is offline Salar  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hello Dacen,
Look at C954 220PF on the Key Board, maybe this capacitor causes startup and skipping problems?

At least three inputs of IC´s are connected to it for resetting.
I do not know, how long a reset takes, but mabe it causes a reset signal...
too short to make complete reset but long enough to produce glitches?
The lubricants we use do not change viskosity according to temperture.
But a smoother lubricant might keep the motor in position. That´s why there are no glitches until the Player has warmed up... could be, I am not a technician...
Old 3rd February 2013, 04:36 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Hi everybody!
i own this beautiful cd player since december,bought from holland,remote control is missing but the palyer is in perfect cosmetic conditions.It has some small problems that i hope someone can help me to solve them...The player make some reading errors,like skipping some audio data (sounds like "chik" and/or "chak")and occur only for the first song of the cd;these reading errors disappear after using the unit for 10 to 15 minutes (for example if i play a whole cd in repeat mode,when it starts for the second time most or all errors disappear).The other issue,that i noticed only few days ago is that the keys: play,pause and AMS forward and backward don't respond correctly:for example sometimes if i press play the player won't start,if i press ams forward the player go backward or do nothig,just like it can't recognize commands...Does anybody know how can i try to fix these problems?
Thanks

Tony
Old 3rd February 2013, 05:02 PM   #17
Mooly is online now Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

If the player uses small "tact" switches for all the front panel functions then these can cause problems generally. You can usually tell by the feel of them when they are faulty. If they stick closed then they hold the data lines of the system control uP and inhibit normal operation. Worth looking at and cheap to replace them all.

The other problem needs a scope check to determine the level and quality of the RF signal from the pickup.
Old 3rd February 2013, 05:08 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooly View Post
If the player uses small "tact" switches for all the front panel functions then these can cause problems generally. You can usually tell by the feel of them when they are faulty. If they stick closed then they hold the data lines of the system control uP and inhibit normal operation. Worth looking at and cheap to replace them all.

The other problem needs a scope check to determine the level and quality of the RF signal from the pickup.
Thanks for reply Mooly,
switches are OK,problem is that the player seems to make random responses when i press any of them:stop instead of play,ams backward instead of forward...
Old 3rd February 2013, 06:27 PM   #19
Mooly is online now Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

I would still look in that area. Maybe one or more has had liquid contamination in the past, or perhaps on the PCB... just guessing... but the last suspects would be any of the IC's. Any small signal diodes on the data lines such as 1N4148 type can go leaky.
Old 3rd February 2013, 06:43 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

I think my father will check those IC's on next weeks...We have a good laboratory here at home,he repairs lots of electronic devices most of them are pcb's of pinballs,jukeboxes and arcade machines from '70 to nowdays...About reading errors, he will try first to lubricate the moving parts of the cd transport before "touching" the pickup itself...
Thanks

Tony
p.s.sorry for my bad english,i'm italian...

Hide this!Advertise here!