Sony X5000 troubleshooting - Page 11 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th February 2013, 05:51 PM   #101
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmphadte View Post
@gmphadte. I did. But you behave a little bit like a doctor who treats any cure with aspirin.
But this is a starting point and when the patients starts to crawl, you still tell him to take three more pills

Are you il capo
I am sure your name is not il capo.

Get yorself some Diazepam.
Well,if you read all posts of this discussion, you can see that my player works fine if i let it warm up for 10 minutes even without playing any cd,so lubricate the spin motor it is not the solution...Anyway thanks for reply
Old 28th February 2013, 07:00 PM   #102
Salar is offline Salar  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
you can see that my player works fine if i let it warm up for 10 minutes even without playing any cd
Mine as well and I am tired of the winter, so my apartment is heated now at around 20 degrees - no audible glitches.

Can it be a mismatch between sled motor and lens coil based on the tracking error signal?
I guess, 2 seconds between glitches - 16 turns of a CD -
the horizontal range is completely handled by the trackig coil of the lens and that the sled motor kicks in after a longer time to center the spiral track horizontally over the lens.

Maybe, the signal for the sled motor simply starts too late and is "delayed" so to say?
The sled motor does not compensate progression of the CD until the lens reaches horizontal maximum.
Because the lens can not move any further, an error signal is produced, and the sled motor, reacting now like it was a scratch or off centered CD kicks in for compensating.

But because the lens is still close to maximum, the error comes back after 2 seconds and sled motor reacts again. This goes on for some time until the player becomes warm and the horizontal mismatch
between sled motor an lens coil disappears and they work in "harmony".
Just another guess...

Last edited by Salar; 28th February 2013 at 07:08 PM.
Old 1st March 2013, 03:42 AM   #103
diyAudio Member

The inner tracks having problem is always a spin motor/axle problem. Looks like the viscosity of the lubricant changes after heating and things get improved.

Gajanan Phadte

Quote:
Originally Posted by il capo View Post
Well,if you read all posts of this discussion, you can see that my player works fine if i let it warm up for 10 minutes even without playing any cd,so lubricate the spin motor it is not the solution...Anyway thanks for reply
Old 1st March 2013, 08:54 AM   #104
diyAudio Member

Quote:
The inner tracks having problem is always a spin motor/axle problem. Looks like the viscosity of the lubricant changes after heating and things get improved.

1. Bad axe/shaft/bearing: Angular Errors rise towards the outer edges of a CD. Error will not disappear

2. Are you using vaseline or lanolin for lubricating?
Then you are correct with "temperature theory"!
Use a proper lubricant next time! Any other will do the job.

3. Even with mango pulp as lubricant:
The motor has to move a brass clamper puck that weights 150 grams.
This is at least 5 to 6 times more weight and mass than regular transports have to handle!
But still the player is able to change track and spinning speed within a second when going from last to first track and vice versa .
Again, lubrication has the least effect.

4. It is a brushless spindle motor.
Not those Mabuchi toy - like motors used in almost any other player including Sony and Phillips.
The shaft is not 2mm in diameter but 6mm. Much more stability.
Check page 40 of the service manual.
Sony also toutet the CDP-X5000 to have ruby bearings when it came to the market.
It is questionable wether the spindle motor is lubricated at all.

Last edited by Salar; 1st March 2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old 1st March 2013, 10:56 AM   #105
diyAudio Member

...to change track and SPINNING SPEED WITHIN A SECOND...

Looks like this is your own engineering.

Enjoy

Gajanan Phadte
Old 1st March 2013, 11:36 AM   #106
diyAudio Member

Sorry, it is two seconds, but I get the impressions you abuse this thread.
You have not answered in detail of any of our arguments and
already proven that you do not read our messages carefully.
This is very annoying and not helpful to find a solution.

Apropos solution:
BA6297AFP, the IC driving the sled motor and tracking coil is also connected to the reset circuit (pin15,mute) that dacen examines.

Last edited by Salar; 1st March 2013 at 12:01 PM.
Old 4th March 2013, 03:35 AM   #107
diyAudio Member

The spinning speed in a cd player is constant. I mostly do not explain things in detail for the reason that the poster should read it somewhere else and improve his knowledge.

Those two seconds must be the time the CD attains the required speed from zero.

Gajanan Phadte

Last edited by gmphadte; 4th March 2013 at 03:37 AM. Reason: added content
Old 4th March 2013, 05:28 AM   #108
diyAudio Member

Quote:
The spinning speed in a cd player is constant. I mostly do not explain things in detail for the reason that the poster should read it somewhere else and improve his knowledge.
Then I advise you strongly to improve yours.
Quoted from Wikipedia:
"Scanning velocity is 1.2–1.4 m/s (constant linear velocity) – equivalent to approximately 500 rpm at the inside of the disc, and approximately 200 rpm at the outside edge.
(A disc played from beginning to end slows down during playback.)"

The CDP-X5000 needs about 1,5 seconds to speed up from 0 to 500 rpm and start playback.
2 seconds to travel from outer track to inner track (i.e. in repeat playback)

Once and for all:
This problem is not mechanical.
It will probably be a defective or poorly designed reset circuit or misaligned tracking gain.
Both can change parameters when the player warms up.
Old 4th March 2013, 08:14 AM   #109
diyAudio Member

I was wrong. I even remember reading on that magazine that the dots are denser at the insides of the cd.

Anyhow, this is now more clearer why first one or two tracks have reading problems on some players.

Gajanan Phadte
Old 4th March 2013, 08:23 AM   #110
diyAudio Member

I have to explain what could be happening when the board is loose.
When a button is pressed, the board gets pushed and this pushes the board on to another button operating that function..

Gajanan Phadte
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmphadte View Post
If somebody had removed the board on which the switches r mounted and not fitted the board screws tightly, such fault can occur.

Gajanan Phadte

Hide this!Advertise here!