Help needed with Krell CD-DSP - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th March 2010, 12:18 PM   #21
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiefbassuebertr View Post
this top loader was my first CD player, and the first model with right sound for me. I have buy it used for approximately 5000 DM arround 1992.
I need now a schematic diagram for this model and the MD1/SBP-64X to realize various modifications like add to precision master clock generator and outdoor power supply.
Why I don't find a download aera by Krell-Online (as usual by other companies with studio and stage equipment) ??
You will not find a download site for service manuals by Krell, only for owners manuals!
Krell just like Madrigal and many other high-end companies have strict policy to keep all things "secret" and charge crazy high fees for repair. Great if they go bankrupt.
Old 26th March 2010, 12:40 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QSerraTico_Tico View Post
You will not find a download site for service manuals by Krell, only for owners manuals!
Krell just like Madrigal and many other high-end companies have strict policy to keep all things "secret" and charge crazy high fees for repair. Great if they go bankrupt.
..........crazy high fees for repair. Great if they go bankrupt...........like Thule Audio two years ago - have a look about
What happen to thule audio?
Old 26th March 2010, 04:20 PM   #23
guido is offline guido  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiefbassuebertr View Post
Which devices in which respect? The laser head (optical block)? Or the turntable motor/discmotor (both brushed version and brushless hall version are in use)?
cdm3 vs the others, think the whole pickup. And with respect to read errors. So no "audio" related stuff, like hall vs brushed.
Old 22nd April 2010, 11:51 AM   #24
AlexS is offline AlexS  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hi gto127,

could you please trace the left channel signal path for CD on the DAC board of your Krell CD-DSP player?
I just finished repairing mine following your advice on replacing relais on DAC board.
However, only the right channel is active now when playing CD.
On the left DAC there is still no signal on the pin 7 ( all other pin signals are OK, and the voltage is there). Instead, the pin 7 always gets DC ( around 2.5 - 5 v as I remember), irregardless of Input position. I suspect there is a power leak there, although it is quite hard to guess in which part of the path from the relay RL1 ( which stays always cut in every signal position) to the processor path.
Your simple mesuarement in several places down the road would be of help to me. I already started to think that I probably cracked the board resoldering these sheety relais...

Thank you so much... Just managed to replace OAs to OPA627 as well...

AlexS
Old 11th October 2011, 07:37 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

for description recapping project go to post #352 about
Best electrolytic capacitors
Old 11th October 2011, 11:57 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

It sure sounds like you have some caps that have gone bad! at this age all the electrolytics should be replaced. that wont cost much in a CD player. just shotgunning all the caps could very will fix the problem.

Hide this!Advertise here!