Information wanted about Accuphase DP-70 DAC: 4 pices Intersil's 4-bit ICL 8019ACPD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
4 pices Intersil's 4-bit ICL 8019 forms a 16-bit discrete and very fine sounded digital to analog converter by Accuphase's DP70.
For this integrated circuit I need datasheets and replacement parts. Only suppliers I find some on the web, but no data sheets or other helpful informations.
Here URLs from Italian forums:
Integrato ICL 8019 cercasi...
COSTRUIRE HIFI • Leggi argomento - Urge trovare un ICL 8019 !!!
I don't understand, why there are no pdf datasheets about alldatasheets, digchip and datasheetarchive. Perhaps because ICL 8019ACPD" was custom made version?

Please note, the attached 20 bit DAC block diagram is from DP70V instead of DP70, but also discrete version and basicly very similare

Attachments

• Accuphase DP70V_BlockDiag.jpg
    Accuphase DP70V_BlockDiag.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 284
  • Accuphase DP-70 bottom view.jpg
    Accuphase DP-70 bottom view.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 285
  • Accuphase DP-70 top view.jpg
    Accuphase DP-70 top view.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 257
I had the same problem with a PCM1745E (DAC made by BurrBrown). I even asked TI for a datasheet but they politely deined to provide one, saying that was a special order .
Which CD/DVD/BD Accuphase model uses this type? I think, this type is close to that one of PCM1742 or PCM1748 with slightly different internal low pass filter characteristic

First commonly informations regarded 4-bit D/A converter like ICL8018-8019-8020 I have found here:
http://www.analog.com/static/imported-files/tutorials/MT-015.pdf

I had a look at making a similar thing to this (a discrete DAC), but somewhat simpler. I think the part you are looking at is probably a shift register that de-serialises the digital signal.

There is such thing as a 4019 4-bit shift register, four of those stacked would make a 16-bit shift register, which fits together with what I would expect to see. A lot of these sort of ICs are no longer available, mainly due to the current prevalence of CPLDs and FPGAs.

If you post some more details, such as the surrounding circuit and some photos of the IC in question, I may be able to suggest a replacement.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.