Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th January 2012, 07:58 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Probably it's the reset capacitor on the main microprocessor. At power on doesn't reset corectly the cip.
Try to find it and, for a test, short it's two pins to simulate reseting.
Old 27th January 2012, 05:02 PM   #12
stu.dio is offline stu.dio  Greece
diyAudio Member

......well after some more poking around I gave up - I managed to get a terrible humm that just got worse the more I "fixed" it - thrown the towel in. Its off at the menders now.
I know this is off subject but, it's kind of connected as I had to re-instate my Wadia 12 DAC as the AA is away. I have a feeling the AA also damaged a pair of Nuforce monos I had (also away at the moment). SO I got a pair of these to fill the time - Temple Audio Monoblock. Ultimate quality Digital Monoblock. - feeding them with the Wadia - if you feed them well they really really sing (While I'm desperately missing the AA Capitole - I'm not missing the Nuforces - they really are that good and for very little money)
Old 21st January 2014, 06:28 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Default Sollution which worked for me,

Interesting I had exactly the some problem with my AA cap mkII since the very beginning I had it (since 2005). It would mute from time to time.
I would have to turn it off for 2-3 hours, later for day or two and then it work again.
Then I have moved, after connecting it to mains though conditioner in new apartment it would mute for weeks just after day or two.
Since it was out of warranty I have contacted AA dealer and was told that it will have to be send to France for repair and it would be very costly shipping alone would cost $700.
So I decided to try my lack with local technicians, in first shop AA worked like a charmed, I went home, no such luck, muted. I have tried another technician, it did not work, he could not figure out what was the problem, he checked board for cold solder joints, check many parts, nothing, he was about to give up, but decided to connect it to, another mains socket in his shop. And to his surprise it worked.
Reconnected to previous one and was muted. Voodoo. For me it was like enlightenment. I thanked guy for his time, left him flabbergasted, he have not seen anything like that in his career. I have just remember that AA worked before I have started using it with my conditioner. I have connected it directly to mains and it worked ever since. It was more liquid more relaxed with conditioner but it was muting very ofter. So now I have empirically checked out which mains could be used with AA.
I have not found reason why it does that, but I have found a way to fight out the results like most doctors do :0
I hope this will help.
Old 25th January 2014, 11:02 PM   #14
seppoa is offline seppoa  Sweden
diyAudio Member

To me it sounds as if these players are very sensitive to the mains voltage. And this can be due to bad design of the power circuits. One had problems after some kind of modification, one other after connecting it to a power conditioner, and one have hum.
Probably there is a circuit, type power OK, that mutes the output if there is a power loss, or here a to low or to high a voltage...

Hide this!Advertise here!