Schematic for this beautiful Micromega Solo, Trio and CD f1 (first edition) wanted

Attachments

• Micromega Solo IV.jpg
    Micromega Solo IV.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 1,165
  • Micromega Solo I.jpg
    Micromega Solo I.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 1,042
  • micromega_solo open.jpg
    micromega_solo open.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 1,379
  • micromega-Trio front.jpg
    micromega-Trio front.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 1,044
  • micromega-Trio top.jpg
    micromega-Trio top.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 982
  • Micromega CDF1.jpg
    Micromega CDF1.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 593
  • micromega-Trio rear.jpg
    micromega-Trio rear.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 396
Last edited:
For the Micromega, I think it's impossible. Anyway, it's very "Philips machine" for the CDM1, servo, SAA7220P etc... Never, never, never find any SM for Micromega. BTW I really love these players, F1Digital, Solo... Don't go for the Trio, it's to much complex !

CDF1 Digital : http://www.acec13.fr/tvc/Micromega/MicromegaCDF1.html
In French but lot of pictures from inside the box.

Last edited:
For the Micromega, I think it's impossible. Anyway, it's very "Philips machine" for the CDM1, servo, SAA7220P etc... Never, never, never find any SM for Micromega. BTW I really love these players, F1Digital, Solo... Don't go for the Trio, it's to much complex !

CDF1 Digital : MicromegaCDF1Digital
In French but lot of pictures from inside the box.

txs renau

good link
I never saw silver one before
very interesting contest too
I just put it into the google translator
and it did quitre a good job with :)

Yeah !
When I first wrote in french, I tough "Man, you have to translate"... But now with google translator, I am not sure I will do this (it's an hard job for me anyway).

The english version will be present for our commercial site.

Well well, to be serious now, the F1Digital is a beauty, but it's a drive.

CDF1_11.jpg

And as a drive you have the spdif output like that :

SPDIFRames.png

On this page you can compare it with other drives http://www.acec13.fr/tvc/REMI/SPDIF_HallOfFame.html#Micromega_CDF1_Digital

Last edited:
I know a little bit of the company.

Micromega was founded by Daniel Schär, a french engineer. He started with electronic studies before to came sound enineer for a parisian studio. Then he went to the USA and worked for Mark Levinson... Then he was responsable for the products of Harman Kardon few years and, back in France, he founded in Micromega.

Micromega stopped in 2006 but the brand restarted with Mr Didier Hamdi. This is not exactly the same philosophy now.

I have never seen a schematics for the old products like CDF1, Solo, Trio etc...

image08.jpg

We have done some operations with the old products :

- DUO BS2
- DUO BS

And took some pictures :

image07.jpg

Last edited:
I know a little bit of the company.

Micromega was founded by Daniel Schär, a french engineer. He started with electronic studies before to came sound enineer for a parisian studio. Then he went to the USA and worked for Mark Levinson... Then he was responsable for the products of Harman Kardon few years and, back in France, he founded in Micromega.
Micromega stopped in 2006 but the brand restarted with Mr Didier Hamdi. This is not exactly the same philosophy now.
I have never seen a schematics for the old products like CDF1, Solo, Trio etc...
We have done some operations with the old products :
- DUO BS2
- DUO BS

Very interesting informations - thank you therefore. Where is Mr. Daniel Schär now?
here more pics from old Micromega devices
topic des techniques abandonnées et appareils de légende [vintage] - Page : 1287 - HiFi & Home Cinema - Video & Son - FORUM HardWare.fr
avguide.ch :Show der guten Klänge - Multimediatec zeigte Audio-Neuheiten

Do you know, which amount of pieces was produced from Micromega's first generation compact disc player ?

Attachments

• Daniel Schär.jpg
    Daniel Schär.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Thanks for the first link. This is my pictures. You can read the original review (in French) here :

MicromegaCDF1Digital

We have modified the SOLO recently but no review for the moment. Now it's a drive with our Class A clock and SPDIF output, it means jitter <2ns at the end of the spdif cable.

image5.png

I belive Daniel Schär is working with Mr Hamid for Micromega, he was called back. This is something like a "technical caution" for the brand.

That said appart, I would like to say I use a lot of old Micromega products from early years and they are very well designed, even for todays standards (well I am not sure today standards are better than old days standards). But in general twenty years later the power caps are dead, we measure frequently caps with 30% of their original capacity !

Last edited:
Micromega solo puck

Hi,

I am given a Micromega Solo H2 CD player, dead from 10 years ago (at least). I tried to look for the service manual or schematic but it was useless. But the player is very well design and it was easy to separate front PCB and transport from main PCB. The problem was located on the -/+ 15V supplies (filtering caps are almost shorted and one of the seconadry winding of the blue Schaffner transformer is dead). For the moment I use external transformers to replace the Schaffner and I could make the CD player sing.

But the Solo was given to me without the puck so I used the puck of my CDPRO2 which did not fit very well and I faced skipping and erratic behaviour. I have searched for a puck but it was also useless.

Could some one tell me please what is the weight of the Solo puck? A detailed picture of Solo puck (specialy the side facing the CD) will be greatly appreciated. I felt in love with this CD player and want to make it play music again.

Cheers,

Micromega solo puck

Hi,

I am given a Micromega Solo H2 CD player, dead from 10 years ago (at least). I tried to look for the service manual or schematic but it was useless. But the player is very well design and it was easy to separate front PCB and transport from main PCB. The problem was located on the -/+ 15V supplies (filtering caps are almost shorted and one of the seconadry winding of the blue Schaffner transformer is dead). For the moment I use external transformers to replace the Schaffner and I could make the CD player sing.

But the Solo was given to me without the puck so I used the puck of my CDPRO2 which did not fit very well and I faced skipping and erratic behaviour. I have searched for a puck but it was also useless.

Could some one tell me please what is the weight of the Solo puck? A detailed picture of Solo puck (specialy the side facing the CD) will be greatly appreciated. I felt in love with this CD player and want to make it play music again.

Cheers,

Thank you very much for this URL and the informations.
Are there any news concerning the schematics?
I am very happy, if I have this, even if it is only handmade drawing resp. a copy of this.
Perhaps you know also, from which Philips model the schematic is most closest by first series of the Micromega compact disc system "Solo", "Trio" and "Duo".
I am still wanted informations concerning this.
A second question concerning an unknown Micromega compact disc player from ebay item No 181054128778
High End CD Player Von Micromega | eBay
Who know the model number ?
looks like this player from Philips (CD840):
Philips CD 840 | Hifi-Wiki.de

Thank you very much for this URL and the informations.
Are there any news concerning the schematics?
I am very happy, if I have this, even if it is only handmade drawing resp. a copy of this.
Perhaps you know also, from which Philips model the schematic is most closest by first series of the Micromega compact disc system "Solo", "Trio" and "Duo".
I am still looking for schematics, particularly for the version from the first image by post #9

Micromega "SOLO" Two Outlines - what internal Differences ?

There are versions with sloping and straight front part - go to the attachment.
Are there also internal differences like different mechanism, optical pick up and DA-Converter IC's ?

Best thanks for advices.

P.S.: I am still looking for such devices in not working condition.

Attachments

• MICROMEGA-SOLO-straight front.jpg
    MICROMEGA-SOLO-straight front.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 174
  • MICROMEGA-SOLO-slope front.jpg
    MICROMEGA-SOLO-slope front.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 174
Last edited: