Zapfilter DC offset trouble, help needed - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th June 2003, 10:09 AM   #1
Sarman is offline Sarman  Turkey
diyAudio Member

Unhappy Zapfilter DC offset trouble, help needed

Hi,

My Zapfilter i installed in my Onkyo Dx-7711 along with LClock XO2 exhibits dc offset on left channel output, about +60mV,

I bought Zapfilter twice from LC Audio, thinking that i may have messed up with the 1st unit while installing, because i was not very careful while working. The first one had 40-80 mV of dc offset, fluctuating on the right output,

Due to a mistake they made on pricing i had almost bought the 1st one for free (285 euro for Lclock + Zapfilter) so i did not bother them very much and ordered another Zapfilter,

I paid extreme care while installing, paid caution to ESD risk, used a 6W soldering iron v.s, i installed it completely in place, did not power on until everything's complete, however this one also has the annoying dc offset on left channel output, about +60mV,

Dc appears 30-40 seconds after power on, disappears after 3-4 hours of playing, the former did the same except that dc did not relieve no matter how long the unit played,

The sound quality is excellent, but this dc thing gives me nausea,

LC did not bother replying my several emails about the issue,

Any help appreciated,
Old 12th June 2003, 12:22 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Problem solved,

LC will replace the unit, Lars Clausen of LC told that this is a tolerance problem, but very rare..
Old 12th June 2003, 07:47 PM   #3
dimitri is offline dimitri  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to dimitri
Dear Sarman,
How did you force Lars Clausen to change your board?
I am waiting for 3 (three) years for my ZAPlayer (payed already) from that moron...
Dimitri
Old 12th June 2003, 08:51 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dimitri
Dear Sarman,
How did you force Lars Clausen to change your board?
I am waiting for 3 (three) years for my ZAPlayer (payed already) from that moron...
Dimitri
-------------------------------------------------------------

I don't understand how some of these people can stay in business and get free advertsing for good quality. I installed another unit from a different vendor. One channel was clearly faulty with a dc problem, and I had measurements to prove it. It was sent back and they claimed that there was nothing wrong. So I installed it for his client and just warned him about the problem.

LC Audio no longer answers emails on support and so I will no longer buy from them.
Old 13th June 2003, 08:54 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default I did not receive it yet but hope to!!

Hi all,

He replies if you post in an insisting manner, i did not get a negative reply to any of my posts, just no replies at all many times!!! ))

But when he replies it works.. I did get support as the NPC delta sigma DACs required an RC filter before the Zapfilter and he replied all my questions kindly,

I think he's trying to carry this business with family members and just cannot handle all the calls, he takes only limited time to reply e-mails, maybe a phone call should work better,

I live in Turkey, he has no dealers here so he's my correspondent. Maybe he doesn't reply as he writes on the website that you should contact your local dealer if there's one in your country,

Though i am not pleased with his attitude, i yet do not have enough data to comment on his business morals, I am waiting for the new unit to be shipped,
Old 13th June 2003, 08:36 PM   #6
Account Disabled

We are sorry, that we can not reply to all e-mail inquiries at this moment. Some days we get up to 200 new e-mails, and with the present manpower (none of which are family members .. sorry) we can only reply to a fraction of mails, as we can also only pick up a fraction of the daily telephone calls we get.
We are working on hiring more crew, but it takes time to get skilled crew, that can actually handle the inquiries, not just say: thankyou for your call, this is a standard message, you will get an answer when somebody has time. We want to educate and skill up our personnel for customer handling, so you can all - as you probably expect - get a good answer to your questions - fast!
We have to weigh up answering e-mails towards any other job as a company, that might be, updating homepages, (we have over 300 now), taking telephone calls, actually doing the work people ordered from us, and keeping in front of the markets we have chosen, namely the high end of PWM amplification and CD reference Clocks. Sometimes the latter of these outweigh the first. But as i said we have already hired more personnel to straighten up the situation. And before too long they will be online to assist our growing customer group.
Until then it would be very helpful when you send us inquiries, to keep them short, precise, and with the information you think we might need in one e-mail. So if you need us to send you something, why not include your address in the mail, things like that, so i can save the time asking you that and waiting for your second mail. All the best from Denmark!
Old 14th June 2003, 06:28 AM   #7
dimitri is offline dimitri  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to dimitri
Dear LC Audio,

May be you will also tell how you made a fool of me during last three years, writing lies and telling lies on the phone, “I will ship within next month”? May be you also mention how you lied Mr. Mogens Jepsen, my lawyer, a year ago that my ZAPlayer will be send not later than four
weeks from to day. And that you told him, that if not, you will be ready to return my money?

Why you don’t tell that in April 2002 your personally owned business was going bankrupt and LC Audio is now a company with limited warranty - and the shares in this company are not owned by the person who previously owned the business?

Dimitri

p.s I can only warn the diyaudio community about these facts, and describe LC Audio as unfair supplier and personally Mr.Clausen as the most dishonest person.
Old 14th June 2003, 06:30 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Some days we get up to 200 new e-mails, and with the present manpower (none of which are family members .. sorry) we can only reply to a fraction of mails, as we can also only pick up a fraction of the daily telephone calls we get.
---------------------------------------------------------

If you sell on the web, and state that buyers with technical problems should email for support, then you should honour this. People like me have PAID you for services, and I don't care how many emails you get; I want you to be good at your word and help me make the product work.

If you are too busy, then you should reduce the email load by posting more detailed information on applications. VSE does this with a cd and you should do the same; not just ignotre emails.
Old 14th June 2003, 08:55 PM   #9
Account Disabled

Thanks for the good advice, we intend to do just that!
Old 14th June 2003, 09:12 PM   #10
Account Disabled

fmak, i have searched all our e-mail contacts for the last year, and it seems we have had no faulty product reports from the UK at all. I don't understand your position, if you complain that we never answer your e-mail, as we actually did not receive any e-mail about product support from your country.

Should you have any need for product support, i will be more than happy to assist you. Send me an e-mail on: lc@lcaudio.dk.

Also i am happy to report, that we have for the last week or so taken new measures to ensure that all e-mails (100%) are answered within 12 hours. And it works! Should you have sent any inquiries more than a week ago, that you did not get reply on, please resend, as it may have been lost during our change of management software.
We will be standing by to support our products to the full.

Hide this!Advertise here!