Marantz cd-63 cd spinning anticlockwise?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi I'm new to this forum, I'm not sure that I'm in the right place as most of the threads that I,ve read are in a league way beyond me. I've always thought that my cd-63 11 KI sounded pretty good and had never considered modding it.

Anyway maybe someone can help with my problem. The player seemed to stop recognising discs, but looking inside I found that the disc starts to spin clockwise but then reverses and spins anticlockwise (does the same in the fault finding mode).Suspecting that the laser wasn't seeing the disc I've replaced it - but with no difference to the problem.

The laser bobs up and down 3 times with no disc (as it should)
It hisses in P01 when the disc is moved by hand
But spins backwards in P02

I'd be grateful for any suggestions -unfortunately the link to the manual seems to have expired.

Regards zoesdad

I had problems with these capacitors in the servo section of my Grundig (which is the same machine in a different box) making it not read discs or behave in test mode.

The same type of caps in my ReVox deemphasis circuit made horrible wooshing sounds.

Attachments

• badcap.JPG
    badcap.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 272
I had problems with these capacitors in the servo section of my Grundig (which is the same machine in a different box) making it not read discs or behave in test mode.

Nope, it's a 63 mk2 KI. Not the mk1 philips based player, but the later model.

As for the problem. Does the laser work (can you see a faint red glow in a darkened room, when looking at it FROM AN ANGLE)?

hello there zoesdad, I have just fixed same problem as yours, not sure though whether it applicable to your marantz, mine is sony cdp950 (bought in '88-'89) turns out to be the motor driver chip went bust, its a Toshiba TA7256, drop in replaced with Sanyo's LA6510 cannibalized from old pioneer LD player. Good luck & Guido..I admire your work..:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.