ReVox B225 transit lock screws (=Studer A725)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All

I posted this elsewhere - so some readers may recognise it - but I have got no information at all, so I'm asking here hoping for enlightenment.

A friend has bought me a ReVox B225 CD player, but it has to come by courier across country. (It's the first gen ReVox, where the whole mechanism and optics come out with the loading drawer, identical to the Studer A725).

I need the specifications of the mechanism transit lock screws that must be installed before moving it. Then I can buy suitable screws and send them to my friend before he packages it up for moving.

Thanks.

I looked in those Franz,
They only mention the screws in the user manual as needing to be removed, but they aren't described in detail, nor listed as spare parts.

No mention either of needing to put them back in again if you move the player.
I'm wondering how important they are, since I can find so little info on them and of people using them when they sell second-hand.

I have a Grundig CD7500, which uses the same Philips CDM-0 mechanism, and it has no transport lock screw holes at all!

The only moving part is the swing arm, and it can be fixed for transportation by putting some cotton pads (e.g. those used for cosmetics) on top of the laser lens, fixed by adhesive tape. At least this is what I would do.

Don´t do this.
In "normal" CDM0/CDM1 applications, only the cassis of the CDM is locked/secured-
it rests on rubber dampers that are relatively stiff anyway. NOTHING fixes
or secures the swing arm. at least with the Philips CD-104 and 304 I own.
Because the (balanced) arm rotates around one point, horizontal / vertical forces or tilt have not as much impact as with traverse mechanisms.
I assume the srews only fix the tray that has a lot of weight and behaves like
a traverse mech as well. Remove the bottom plate, check the depth you will probably need M3 screws. I assume Revox uses Torx heads?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.