Newest OppoDigital.com BDP-80 - opinion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Newest OppoDigital.com BDP-80 - my opinions.

It works! Does play Blu-ray, DVD-Audio, DVD-Video, CDs, SACDs plus Euro/PAL (region 2 - with remote control setup changes). :D

Subjective Likes: faster loading, better picture (no kidding), sounds as good as my older '980H, maybe even a bit better. ;)

Subjective Dislikes: The older '980, '970, et al, had an interesting and useful grouping of audio "equalization" choices. These are missing from the '80 menus. (I found a few of these useful in equalizing when sub-woffers, center speakers, satellite speakers were out of circuit, etc.) ... And it took a bit to figure out how to "save" my current speaker configuration (stereo only with a sub-woffer = /setup button/Audio Processing/Speaker Configuration/ ... [your config here] .../ exit, exit, exit to save, save, save)

I did have to set my speakers to "small", even though they are huge, because the factory set level/gain was a bit on the high side = "small" setting resolves it. Otherwise I like the the BDP-80 better than the older DV-980H (or other Oppos that I have owned). :cool:

Oh, yes: the remote controller is even more complex [56 buttons! :eek: ] than older versions and the "volume" buttons are still too small ... but ... once you retrain your thumbs ... :rolleyes:

(My setup: Oppo BDP-80 << >> Bottlehead tube pre-amp << >> DIY 300 watt Mosfet stereo amp <<< >>> Magnapan MG 1.6 planar speakers.)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.