how to connect the TDA1541A to the DF1706 ??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

the SM5841A was in fact my first thought.... it´s available at farnell and costs about 12€......
but then curiosly 2 DF1706 arrived from TI ;-) of course for free....
I might use them in conjunction with my WM8716´s, it´s my first approach to diy sigmadelta converters so I will use 2 WM8716 in differential mode feeded by the DF1706 thats gets the signal from a DIR1703 .... the only problem: 4 SSOP´s to solder :( unfortunately I am not able to produce PCB´s with that fine resolution, 1mm is the best I can get.....

I´m still in the phase to find the right DAC concept..... what I have tested yet where the TDA1543,TDA1541A, PCM1716....
And the TDA1541 was definetly the best....
what is next:
PCM1730
2xWM8716
and maybe PCM56

What do you use?

As far as digital audio goes I'm still in the Stone Age. I use an old Audionote PCM63 based dac complete with evil oversampling.
I plan to replace that with one built around a DIR1701,DF1706, 8xPCM1738 and a large FPGA for even more oversampling.
On the subject of PCB's why not get them made? The prices seem quite reasonable now.
Going back to the TDA1541A and the DF1706 you could experiment with running the TDA1541A above its rated bitclock specs
or do what Cambridge Audio and Wadia did (and Wadia may still do) and Teac does and use 2 TDA1541A's per channel with each dac decoding alternate samples.

ray.

Hi!

I used the TDA1543 in "normal" non-os config (with active I/V) but I didn´t liked the sound of it..... with headphones, the highs sound more or less terrible compared to the TDA1541A.
I also tried the TDA1541A in parallel via a summing amplifier ->
I couldn´t say what´s better......
But how to implement two TDA1541 in a balanced configuration without a digital filter? (I´m only to lazy to think of it seriously, and as far as I know it only improves SNR significantly, that´s not a matter to me....)
But any (cheap,hehe)suggestions are very welcome!
I really don´t want to spend much money on that....
It gives me satisfaction to build all my stuff out of mostly recycled components :)

wssi.

Hi!
Oh, wow, inverting one signal :scratch: :bawling:
I had to find a 04
but first I will finish my df1706/WM8716´s differential combo.....
I'm really interessted in how "good" delta/sigma converters may sound.... only those fu**in SSOP´s :bawling:

another thing: I never heared any difference between NE5534´s and AD797´s or OPA604´s..... only esotheric stuff??? but I encountered some HF problems with the OPA604, generally spoken my circuitry causes FET-opamps to oscillate, maybe some capacitive influences in conjunction with the high input impedance?

wssi

weissi said:
Hi!

I used the TDA1543 in "normal" non-os config (with active I/V) but I didn´t liked the sound of it..... with headphones, the highs sound more or less terrible compared to the TDA1541A.
I also tried the TDA1541A in parallel via a summing amplifier ->
I couldn´t say what´s better......
But how to implement two TDA1541 in a balanced configuration without a digital filter? (I´m only to lazy to think of it seriously, and as far as I know it only improves SNR significantly, that´s not a matter to me....)
But any (cheap,hehe)suggestions are very welcome!
I really don´t want to spend much money on that....
It gives me satisfaction to build all my stuff out of mostly recycled components :)

wssi.

To create L+/L- in one dac and R+/R- in the other as in fig 28 on pg15 of the AD1852 datasheet requires one 4517,one 74HC14 and one 74HC157, probably less than 3Euros for all 3 chips. Is that cheap enough?

ray.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.