Service Manual for Denon DCD-895?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hi,

both sites are in my bookmarks and DCD-895 is pretty similare but all caps value and numbering are different...:(

For now I've found important caps directly on the PCB, a Mouser order for a complete elcos recap and some better C0G caps are shipping...

Sadly the filter caps around the opamps have very strange values so I can't use my favourites Wima FKP2...

With both LM4562 and OPA827 this player sounds great!;)

hi ClaveFremen, glad that you've order the caps, btw, is there any particular reasons beside just change the old cap? mine has problems. difficult reading, drawers keeps coming out.., laser changed..solved for now and looking for NOS and tube out :).

I agree, LM4562 - (can isn't?) paired with black gate army does wonders, good reports up to now from friends

Joined 2005
Paid Member
is there any particular reasons beside just change the old cap?
laser changed..solved for now

Since the player is so old I've preferred a complete recap so it could last years...;)

For the same reason I've also ordered a replacement laser, the player tend to skip tracks.

I also think that, since the laser servo circuit is full of elcos a recap could be a good thing.

Did you had any problem replacing the laser, any suggestion for me?

I've ordered Nichicons VR caps to replace the UCC SME, apart the big PSU caps (Nichicons KZ) and where Denon selceted audio elcos (UCC ASR) like in opamp decoupling and output coupling (Nichicons KZ and Elna Silmics).

Apart Silmics that were already in my parts bin the complete Nichicons set costed only 17€ (plus shipping) from Mouser.

hi again, nope, I have changed laser one on Sony then on Denon, but I've read somewhere here that you must never touch the trim pot on it :) and there is a solder joint that have to be removed. Is the servo amps using a chip or discrete transistors? on denon that is-like mine, a sony has chip drivers..

again..nope, just an ordinary goot 25W solder bout, here in indonesia is very humid, no need for ESD protection :) I also can touch FETs freely. Btw, I was in Milan/ Arese back in 98 for 2 months, staying at Zagato :)..ah DCD520 has disccrete NPN/PNP things for laser, motor and God know what else..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.