Sony KS-240A Focus OK Signal Check

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

As per my Arcam Alpha 9 thread, I think I now need to know whether the FOK signal is being sent from the pickup to the CD player. I can't find any info relating to this in the Arcam manual (which doesn't really surprise me).

Does anyone happen to know how to check the FOK signal on this mech? Are there any manuals available?

Cheers,

Dan

Hi all,

As per my Arcam Alpha 9 thread, I think I now need to know whether the FOK signal is being sent from the pickup to the CD player. I can't find any info relating to this in the Arcam manual (which doesn't really surprise me).

Does anyone happen to know how to check the FOK signal on this mech? Are there any manuals available?

Cheers,

Dan

The main different between the KSS-210A and the KSS240A are the integrated preamps for the Focus/Tracking servos inside of the OPIC/PDIC (as I know the M52102 from Mitsubishi - same than by the KSS-272A)

You need the complete Service manual from one of the follow SONY CD-Players to get the correct adjustment procedure:

ONY CDP-X111ES
CXD2552Q - CXD1244
KSS-240A

SONY CDP-X202ES
CXD2562Q - CXD2567M
KSS-240A

SONY CDP-X222ES
2 x CXD2552Q-3 - CXD1244
KSS-240A

SONY CDP-X229ES
CXD2562Q
KSS-240A

SONY CDP-XA1ES
CXD8505Q
KSS-240A

SONY CDP-XA3ES
CXD2562Q + 2 x CXA8042S
KSS-240A

I would choice that type with the same PCM processor used by "Alpha 9"

Additional the datasheet of the complete mechanism (I don't know the type for KSS-240A) could be helpful. Here an example for such datasheet of mechanism KSS-213C inside:
MODEL:KSM-213QCS PAGE: 2

Thank you. Even a schematic of the KSS-240A are to find by Mooly's post.
Please let me know the type No of the mechanism for the KSS-240A (maybe KSM-240Axx?). Perhaps about this number there is to find datasheets online.
By the way - the original Sony laser heads comes from this two manufacturers:
:: Kyoshin Technosonic Singapore ::
http://www.kyoshin.hk/eng/products_sonyDevice01.php
(their slogan is follow: "Sony Devices - perfect knowledge of technology")
and
::Welcome To HuaYang::
But how I can identify one of this brand on the packages of KSS-240A?

Last edited:
Thank you. Even a schematic of the KSS-240A are to find by Mooly's post.
Please let me know the type No of the mechanism for the KSS-240A (maybe KSM-240Axx?). Perhaps about this number there is to find datasheets online.
By the way - the original Sony laser heads comes from this two manufacturers:
:: Kyoshin Technosonic Singapore ::
http://www.kyoshin.hk/eng/products_sonyDevice01.php
(their slogan is follow: "Sony Devices - perfect knowledge of technology")
and
::Welcome To HuaYang::
But how I can identify one of this brand on the packages of KSS-240A?
Links are death.
Kyoshin and UKC are merged.
I have found this:
UKC Electronics -Semiconductor / Electronic Component-
UKCƒGƒŒƒNƒgƒ�ƒjƒNƒX
Sony Device - Optical Disc - KYOSHIN TECHNOSONIC(KOREA).CO., LTD.
Sony Global - SONY SEMICONDUCTOR

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.