The Ultimate Sound Improving for Compact Disc's through Patent-Pend.CD Sound Improver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This approach based to a strongly reduced light scattering.
I have heard about this, but never perform own tests (risc of damage of compact disc after short time)

And two additional CD sound improver I have found on the web - based on a CD degaussing:
1) Degausser "DE2" (DE 2) from "Stein Music"
2) Furutech RD-1 (RD1), RD-3 (RD3) and RD-2 (RD2)

Are there already some experiences?
Thank you for your comments.

here some URLs:
Audiodesksysteme Glaess - High End Products
AudioDesk CD Sound Improver [Lathe] by Wayne Donnelly
Tweakers' Asylum: REVIEW: Audio Deck Systeme CD Sound Improver Other by Sean
Audio Desk Systeme : Elite Diffusion
SteinMusic - Audio/HiFi Zubehör (only in German)
6moons.com - audio reviews: Furutech RD-1
6moons.com - audio reviews: the new Furutech RD-2
Blickpunkt Wirtschaft
Acoustic Revive Furutech RD 3 RR 77

Attachments

• CD soundimprover glaess.jpg
    CD soundimprover glaess.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 972
  • CD soundimprover.jpg
    CD soundimprover.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 972
That edge beveler thing costs 1000 dollars :eek:
...and he claims to have sold 1000's to happy customers :rolleyes:

I think if I wanted to test the effect (which I don't), I'd start with a piece of sandpaper and a laundry-marker.

I'm not defending this overpriced product, but have you guys ever noticed how out of balance cd's are? I'm guessing the device will true up the disc edges. This in turn should mean less wobble when the disc is spinning inside the player. I'm sure something could be constructed to acheive the same for far less.

As for degaussing the disc? how does that work? Less static? cleaner surface? Does the charge being removed by the degaussing process interfere with the laser? All seems a little extreme for me tbh!;)

I'm not defending this overpriced product, but have you guys ever noticed how out of balance cd's are? I'm guessing the device will true up the disc edges. This in turn should mean less wobble when the disc is spinning inside the player. I'm sure something could be constructed to acheive the same for far less.

Interesting. This "wobble" (eccentricity accross imbalance) I have sometimes note. Especially if there are a slightly refused motor shaft bearing from the disc motor; then such discs dosn't play without dropouts.
In case of "Blu Ray" RPM's turns the player to an UFO in such cases - so I think.

Last edited:
Just throwing this out there.... have any of you ever actaully done a comparison between a treated and non-treated disc (or know of someone you trust you did one)?

We don't want automatically closed minds, even if it looks like bullsh1t and smells like bullsh1t...... well it might be audio grade bullsh1t!!!

The reason I ask is that I have various lathes here and it would be easy enough to replicate what the machine does. Does anyone know the angle of the bevel it uses?

Fran

I'm not here to defend these products, but...

Three things in my limited experience.

- a standard "heavy duty" tape demag unit seems to often have some sort of effect upon the playback.
- a subjective comparison here between two identical model and mfr "decks" running only as a transport easily shows audible "differences" between them
- the subjective quality of CD playback seems to vary all over the map due to things like SPDIF cables, power cables, transports, DACs, etc...

The "bits is bits" idea is fine, but out in the real world it seems to rarely work out that way...

Again, I am not posting in support of these products, just mentioning that apparently there are variables in "digital playback" that cause listeners to report audible differences.

_-_-bear

Just throwing this out there.... have any of you ever actaully done a comparison between a treated and non-treated disc (or know of someone you trust you did one)?

We don't want automatically closed minds, even if it looks like bullsh1t and smells like bullsh1t...... well it might be audio grade bullsh1t!!!

The reason I ask is that I have various lathes here and it would be easy enough to replicate what the machine does. Does anyone know the angle of the bevel it uses?

Fran

They said 36 degrees "was the sweet spot", I don't know from what axis but presume the shallow one. I'm not sure if you need to do it pre or post cryo :rolleyes: .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.