rcd-965bx problem - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd June 2003, 03:39 PM   #1
tonitze is offline tonitze  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Default rcd-965bx problem

I have this rcd-965bx cd player which seems to have this problem.
Whenever I insert the disc into the player, the disc spin very fast the other way round.The laser unit is cdm4. Is this one of the sympton of a failing laser unit? The chips used were saa7310- saa7220- saa7323 and I'm thinking of modding it to non-os with Tda1543. Is it possible?
Old 3rd June 2003, 03:55 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Similar problem.

Hi Tonitze,
I came across something faintly similar.My Marantz CD67 SE mkII stopped rotating. The disk would not rotate on insertion into the machine. When I put it into service mode the disk would rotate at high speed in the opposite direction. IIRC the CD67 also has SAA chips.
I tried all kinds of things. Finally I found a "laser assembly" in the local market at a very affordable price. So I bought it and put it in. The machine now works fine.
Note that when the machine was faulty I could still see the laser light up. So something was drastically wrong with the assembly.
Maybe you have a similar problem. The laser comes as an assembly which fits into the middle of the transport ( about 5cmx8cm). There are no adjustments to make. There was only one connector (flexible) cable on mine.
Try SimLim Tower for a spare laser assembly.
Cheers,
Ashok.
Old 3rd June 2003, 04:22 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Anyway, Thanks so much Ashok. I'll try to swap the laser unit with a good one from my other phillips cd624 player just to confirm before I hunt for a new one.
Old 4th June 2003, 04:55 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

The problem seems not to be the laser unit since I've swap it with a good one. The symptom is that as soon you power it the disc motor spin at very high speed reverse whether with or without disc inserted .
Old 4th June 2003, 05:18 PM   #5
guido is offline guido  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

The 7310 controls the motorspeed via opamp. Think it is not getting a (correct) signal in. Check the amp between the receivers (if you are sure the laser works) and this chip.

So download the 7310 pdf and check the circuits connected to HF input pin.

Good luck,

GuidoB

Hide this!Advertise here!