azur 340c service manual

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Cambridge Audio require full model and serial number information in their on-line enquiry forms. As to the 340C & 640C, they may be virtually the same model. The CD Mechanism, at least in a 340C, is a SANYO unit. One problem from which they suffer is 'clicking' gears in the Sled motor drive, for which the only cure would appear to be replacing either the Gear Assembly or complete mechanism.

Service Manuals for the AZUR 640C, Versions 1 & 2, are available as downloads fromwww.hifiengine.com - Owners and Service Manuals[/url] You have to register as a member, which is free, after which access to all the information on their site is available. As I noted in post #5, AFAIK, the 340C & 640C are basically the same model. Both were made in two versions, V1, using the SONY KSS213CCM CD mechanism, whilst V2 uses the SANYO SFP101N (16pin) CD Mechanism. The Cambridge Audio part nos. for these are 3009-213000-000 (SONY) & 3009-110000-002 (SANYO) I'm not certain if the two mechanisms are interchangeable, though both use a 16 way ribbon cable (AP13617/1 - SONY Version) to connect the Laser to the servo PCB. One of the common problems with the SANYO SFP101N mechanism is that the small cogwheel on the Sled motor wears to a point where a 'clicking' sould can be heard during disc play due to tthe fact that the motor no longer correctly meshes with the gearwheel drivinh the Sled. The only cure is to replace either the Sled Motor c/w a new gear, or the complete mechanism. This applies, AFAIK, to any make or model of CD player using the SANYO SFP mechanism.

Last edited:
Cambridge can be quite helpful. Try asking them directly via their customer services facility on the website ;)

Customer support

(dont mention its for modification. tell them your trying to fix it and your a qualified engineer) ;) ;) trust me ;)

I have to say that I telephoned [+44(0)20 7940 2200]* yesterday (17th. June) regarding spare parts availabilty, and was told 'Someone will call you back about this, but, despite giving them two telephone numbers on which I could be reached, up to now (12.22PM BST) no-one has returned my call.
* This number is the only contact no. for Cambridge Audio in the UK of which I know

Having tried five times to email a spares request to Cambridge Audio via their on-line form, only to keep being told 'the product serial no. is invalid', no matter how I enter it (The number on the Barcoded label begins 'YN640C V2, etc') I am getting exasperated with Cambridge Audio. For a start I don't know why they insist on the serial number, when they have the model no., plus a description and part number(s) for the parts required. What more do they need??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.