Philips CDM12 INDUSTRIAL

Hi all,

I am new here and found a very good forum, tons of infos.

A freind of mine have a problem:
He owns a ALTIS alpha centauri Cd transport and lost the little plstic centering device for the Cd and the magnetical puck? thats hold the CD.
The drive is a CDM12 Industrial from Philps.I also have pictures but have to learn how i can upload that.
Searching a little on the net, i found that with the CDM12 industrial are 4 differents laser available and how ? many motors?
Where i can find this plastic device and which drive beside the PDM 12 have the same item?
Is there an partnumber or source to buy it?
Is there a replacement drive from daisy for it?
I think its a good idea to look beside this fixture also to search for the whole transport or least for the laser as the Altis is coming in the age.
Please help, so my friend get enjoyed and i get some wine for helpng him.
Please let me know,if more infos are needet.I have some picture and measurements from the CD table?

Thanks

Robert

Phillipe,

thank you.I allready contacted them via email,but have no response since then.Its not possible to phone,because its just the answering machine that tell you make the contact via email or simple the phone is switched off.
Philipe,my problem is to know which modell/type the Altis have.

Thanks

Robert

please help

ALTIS "Alpha Centauri" ? I have never heard of them until this day. Is it the modell from the first attachement? Who is ALTIS?
I find this only
http://www.usedprice.com/items/audio/altis-audio/audio-converter/index.html
and
http://www.stereophile.com/news/11158/
Then you have the same problem as I some weeks ago with a BOW Technologies "ZZ-8" (second and third attachement and these at follow post)
About Bo Christensen's new company
ARTORA.COM
you can try to order the clamper stuff for the "ZZ-8", if that one from photos in the follow post are the same than yours needed

also this links could be helpful:
CDM PRO - Products
CDM PRO - Service
PRO2 MODIFICATION
Philips CD PRO2
Your Rowe Jukebox Parts Super Store
Musikboxen - Jukeboxen und Musikbox Fachbetrieb, Musikboxen Jukeboxen von AMI bis Wurlitzer

Attachments

• Altis Alpha Centauri ppz249re.jpg
    Altis Alpha Centauri ppz249re.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 775
  • BowTechnoZZ8Cd.jpg
    BowTechnoZZ8Cd.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 663
  • Bow ZZ8 silver.jpg
    Bow ZZ8 silver.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 645
Last edited:
:D:D:D:D:D:D:p:p:p:p
Hallo Dave

danke für die wirklich guten links,
muss mich noch genau durcharbeiten.
Was ist den der ZZ-8-eine moderne Jukbox?

Der Altis war ein hightech audio transport und sehr teuer.
Mein Freund möchte den noch gerne behalten,deswegen der Aufwand.
Den hub oder "Nippel" auf der Welle lösen-wie kritisch ist dies?
Verkantet der neue Nippel nicht wenn er auf die Welle kommt?

Die Idee ist jetzt ein Ersatzlaufwerk(komplett) zu beschaffen.
Vom Altis gibt es aber keine Unterlagen und auch niemand mehr, der den Service macht.
Sinnvoll währe ja den CDM12 Industrial durch den CD PRO2 zu ersetzen.Der Pro hat ja "Kinderkrankheiten" währe aber elektrisch pinkompatibel zum austauschen(?).
Was ist den beim PRO2 zu ändern oder zu ergänzen wenn man den mit den CDM12 Industrial austauscht?
Tut mir leid wegen den vielen Fragen-bin sehr unbedarft hier-oder wie heißt es "Ich habe noch Entwicklungspotentiale" ;-))

Ich bin selber Techniker(Mechanik+Elektronik),mit ein wenig Hilfe kann ich das selber dann machen.Aber ohne geht halt nicht viel bis nix...

Hier noch ein paar Bilder

Danke für die Hilfe

Robert

Attachments

• CD hub.jpg
    CD hub.jpg
    896 KB · Views: 286
  • CDM12 Industrial top view.jpg
    CDM12 Industrial top view.jpg
    851.8 KB · Views: 269
  • PCB and chassis bottom view.jpg
    PCB and chassis bottom view.jpg
    877.3 KB · Views: 498
:cop: Robert, we thank you for your interesting post. However, diyAudio is an international forum and as such, we require posts be made in English.
Sorry SY

her is the "non local" version ;-))

Hello Dave

thanks for the really good links,
looking quite informativ.
What is the ZZ-8- a modern jukebox?

The Altis was very expensive hightech an audio transport.
My friend would like to keep it, therfore i have to ask so many questions..
Do remove stroke or “nipple” on the motor shaft -is that critical for dmiiging something?.
Press the new nipple on the motor shaft can tilt it?

The idea is to get a spare drive assembly (complete).
From the Altis side however no more documents and service available.
It makes sense to replce the CDM12 Industrial by the CD PRO2 . That pro has some flaws comparing to the PRO2 but is electrically pin-compatible.
What have to be changed or addet or subtracted from the PRO2 when it relace a CDM12 Industrial?
I'm sorry to have so manyquestions here-but I am very simple-minded here or should i call it "I have strong development potentials”; -))

I am engineer (mechanic+elektronic), so with a little assistance I should make it hopefully.But without help there is no progress at all.
Here are some pictures in my local german mail
the numbers on the PCB are
3104-113-3093.5
8204-055-9844.5
8204-055-9843.5

Thanks for the assistance

Robert

Sorry SY

her is the "non local" version ;-))

Hello Dave

thanks for the really good links,
looking quite informativ.
What is the ZZ-8- a modern jukebox?

The Altis was very expensive hightech an audio transport.
My friend would like to keep it, therfore i have to ask so many questions..
Do remove stroke or “nipple” on the motor shaft -is that critical for dmiiging something?.
Press the new nipple on the motor shaft can tilt it?

The idea is to get a spare drive assembly (complete).
From the Altis side however no more documents and service available.
It makes sense to replce the CDM12 Industrial by the CD PRO2 . That pro has some flaws comparing to the PRO2 but is electrically pin-compatible.
What have to be changed or addet or subtracted from the PRO2 when it relace a CDM12 Industrial?
I'm sorry to have so manyquestions here-but I am very simple-minded here or should i call it "I have strong development potentials”; -))

I am engineer (mechanic+elektronic), so with a little assistance I should make it hopefully.But without help there is no progress at all.
Here are some pictures in my local german mail
the numbers on the PCB are
3104-113-3093.5
8204-055-9844.5
8204-055-9843.5

Thanks for the assistance

Robert

Hallo Robert,
By your first post you have mentioned the missing plastic centering device.

Now you want to remove the stroke or “nipple” from your turntable/motor pulley?
This I don't understand. The stroke/nipple is a part of motorpulley - both are one device !!!
As I know, removing of the motor pulley isn't possible because the risc of destroying the disc motor (there are no setscrews !!!)

When I look at photo 1 from your post #7, I can say, this looks exactly like the mentioned "ZZ-8" without plastic centering device.
The question is now, which centering device is the appropriate for you - Bow technologies uses two different for the "ZZ-8".
That one from photo 1 or that one from photo 2 of post #6 (show this both photos your friend - the owner) ?

If you don't need a new disc motor, then you also don't need a new CD-mechanism. Laser heads and other stuff of CDM12 industrial/CDproLF-II/VAM/VAU1254 there are individual.
But If you destroy your discmotor, then you must buy the currently CDpro version, i. e. a wide range of additional work to match the requirements to your ALTIS transport (see URLs of post #5)

P.S. Who is actually Dave? - my URL is www.tiefbassuebertragung.de

Last edited: