CS8412, PCM67k, SPDIF output on transport

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Input tweaking......

In a nutshell:

Put a linear stage in front of it......on both inputs.....drive it differentially. A good transformer would help. Make sure the input is as close to 75 ohms as possible, with no reactance. Harder to do than you might think. May keep you busy for a long time, but it will be worth it.

Jocko

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
The PCM67 was advertised by BB for use in digital audio whereas the PCM69 was meant for musical instruments. This had to do with digital offset occuring at bit 4 ( PCM69 ) and 9 ( PCM67 ). But I see cdplayers with the PCM69 in it :confused:

Does somebody know why they use 69 instead of 67 ????

Also any posts on tweaking the SPDIF output of transports and what about tweaking the input for the CS8412?

Ryan, please use the Search function, there are a lot of threads on this CS8412 subject. When you search for "transformer" you'll find this thread under the group Digital:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13666&highlight=digital+transformer

If you search for "CS8412" you'll see more threads than you'll like !

Dr.H said:
Anyone have any thoughts/experience on the PCM67k, a hybrid multi/single bit DAC by Burr Brown?

Also any posts on tweaking the SPDIF output of transports and what about tweaking the input for the CS8412?

Thks
Ryan

Hello Ryan

At least use reclocking at the SPDIF output, and use a low jitter clock. It will decrease the SPDIF jitter to a great extend, and your DAC (and ears) will like that

regards

It is an output!!! I need to stop reading this after laying out PCBs. Either that, or get a bigger monitor.

(This is where Phred screams "How much bigger do you need it! Isn't it big enough already?" Apparently not.)

Anyway.....my comments were for inputs. Follow Guido's advice.

Jocko

Jocko Homo said:
It is an output!!! I need to stop reading this after laying out PCBs. Either that, or get a bigger monitor.

(This is where Phred screams "How much bigger do you need it! Isn't it big enough already?" Apparently not.)

Anyway.....my comments were for inputs. Follow Guido's advice.

Jocko

Hi Jocko

squared eyes......

At least half of your advice holds for outputs too.....

hang on layouting

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.