Which DVD and Blu Ray Player Models use high Quality Transport Mechanism ??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I can tell you from a very LARGE amount of experience that the rather cheap transports in the (USA models) Pioneer DV563/578A-S/46AV/45A/47A/47AI/59AV/79AV and similar vintage(approx third generation) models of Pioneer DVD/DVD-A/SACD/CD players are as close to bulletproof-reliable as any dvd mech I have ever seen, and they can all be turned into quite excellent sounding players, too, despite the SMPS power supplies. Further, they actually spin CD's at double speed, which, it seems to me, could reduce mechanical jitter(wow/flutter), and they do seem to make perfectly respectable transports with any decent dac unit.
Way better built & engineered, btw, than any of the cdm12/vam12 generation Philips crap. Last decent Philips mech was the CDM-9 series, and even those were half as good as the CDM-4 & earlier.

I can tell you from a very LARGE amount of experience that the rather cheap transports in the (USA models) Pioneer DV563/578A-S/46AV/45A/47A/47AI/59AV/79AV and similar vintage(approx third generation) models of Pioneer DVD/DVD-A/SACD/CD players are as close to bulletproof-reliable as any dvd mech I have ever seen, and they can all be turned into quite excellent sounding players, too, despite the SMPS power supplies. Further, they actually spin CD's at double speed, which, it seems to me, could reduce mechanical jitter(wow/flutter), and they do seem to make perfectly respectable transports with any decent dac unit.
Way better built & engineered, btw, than any of the cdm12/vam12 generation Philips crap. Last decent Philips mech was the CDM-9 series, and even those were half as good as the CDM-4 & earlier.
Thanks for the first advices.
The reason for the last are follow:
The versions CDM-0 until CDM-4 uses the good known 780nM Laserdiodes like RLD-78 (a certainly version) from Rohm while from the model "CDM-9" were used hologram laser units - go to
Hologram laser unit and optical pickup device including the same - US Patent 6388977 Claims and
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20050100061-0-large.jpg

The subject of this thread must be actually
" Which DVD and Blu Ray Player Models use Transport Mechanism Special Made for Professional Applications ?? "

Last edited:
Mcintosh "MVP-881" - which transport mechanism ?

The Mcintosh blu-ray (blue ray) model MVP881 about
McIntosh | MVP881
could have a high quality transport mechanism.
I have heard, that the mechanism type from attachements is inside
from this UD DENON player:
Denon DVD-A1 UD Player Review | Denon Blu-ray Players | Denon Blu-ray Player Reviews
But I don't know exactly. Perhaps one of the members know it.

Are there no blu ray transport mechanism versions for top loader design like the CD mechanism Philips/Daisylaser CDpro2 (VAU1254)?

Attachments

• Denon-DBP-4010UD transport open.jpg
    Denon-DBP-4010UD transport open.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 454
  • Denon-DBP-4010UD transport.jpg
    Denon-DBP-4010UD transport.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 503
Last edited:
About the used transport mechanism (BD/DVD/CD drive unit)
I don't find any informations as is commonly done at computer accessories.
The type No used by BDP-LX91 (and BDP-LX08) is follow: "BDV-103A-XA"

Here any pictures from Pioneer's BDP-LX91 inside:

Attachments

• Blu Ray Pioneer BDP-LX91.jpg
    Blu Ray Pioneer BDP-LX91.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 427
  • Blu Ray Pioneer BDP-LX91 rear II.jpg
    Blu Ray Pioneer BDP-LX91 rear II.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 486
  • Blu Ray Pioneer BDP-LX91 8xDAC.jpg
    Blu Ray Pioneer BDP-LX91 8xDAC.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 405
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.