HDX1000 Networked Media Tank as a FLAC decoder for a DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
can this support cuesheet and APE ??

It's possible that an application exists or may be written for ape and cuesheet, but I use flac and m3u

I long ago converted all my apes to flac. It really didn't take that long to search and convert them, even though I had a lot dispersed in a lot of different directories on my hard drives.

Check out all the different applications and information at:
Networked Media Tank

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2011
Modding HDX 1000

You might be interested in this finding,:

"From best to worse the Rotel dvd-audio player then the mod HDX and battery then stock HDX with battery and then stock HDX with stock power supply."

May be the internal DAC/jitter could still be the "bottleneck"? Have you tried re-clocking the HDX?

Thanks,
Jaz

Besides the boost in self-esteem, am mac mini doesn't have nothing special to justify the premium price. Audio output is as crappy as any "integrated audio" solution on the market.

Wow... Not so fast. You forgot "image" as added value.

But ofcourse... I wouldnt think about using the audio out. Just as a transport for my nos tda1541a dac. And for the purpose of a transport, user friendliness is a key criterion. And the hdx1000 sucks at that, except if there is a solution for its gui and os.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.