Oppo Blu-Ray BDP-83 - has anybody fitted new clocks?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Exactly.

Where the idea that R84 should have been removed I'd like to know. This is across XtTal In and Xtal Out and always should never be removed. If it needs removal it could be an indication that the wrong 'input' has been used.

I came across another site where somebody had posted a picture where the two caps and R84 had been removed and the photo clearly showed that the clock signal was soldered to the pad furthest away from the chip. We now know this was wrong even if it did work, sort of (except HDMI on 1080p video was flickering). But to may that work R84 had to be removed. That bothered me (and the flickering 1080p) and in the end was proved right. Leave it in there and solder the clock signal to the pad closest to the chip.

Cheers.

Joe

Thank you Joe for the response. What is the audio/video chip used in the Oppo? Is there a datasheet available for? Else may I ask you for the Philips datasheet you talked about if you have it?

With kind regards,
Bas

Thank you Joe for the response. What is the audio/video chip used in the Oppo? Is there a datasheet available for? Else may I ask you for the Philips datasheet you talked about if you have it?

With kind regards,
Bas

If you take off the heatsink I think you will find it says OP8521G.

1248631311.JPG

This is a MediaTek chip with built-in SPDif, HDMI and lots others. It is either identical to MT8521 or Oppo gets a variation of it. There is also an MT8520 which is ostensibly the same except maybe minor differences. MT, Oppo and ESS are all very secretive, there are no datasheets that I have been able to find and I have tried very hard.

Joe R.

If you take off the heatsink I think you will find it says OP8521G.

1248631311.JPG

This is a MediaTek chip with built-in SPDif, HDMI and lots others. It is either identical to MT8521 or Oppo gets a variation of it. There is also an MT8520 which is ostensibly the same except maybe minor differences. MT, Oppo and ESS are all very secretive, there are no datasheets that I have been able to find and I have tried very hard.

Joe R.

Thank you very much Joe for your kind help! ;) If I find any, I let you know of course.

With kind regards,
Bas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.