help with TDA1543 DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys.

I'm wanting to build a DAC based on 16x TDA1543 chips in parallel, running VDD at 8.00V. But I'm a bit of a newbie to EE so need some help :)

I'm told the normal way to go passive output is a simple resistor and capacitor, but I would like to try using transformer coupled output. Maybe something from Lundahl transformers.

From some calculations, I figured out that the I/V resistor would need be 135ohms to avoid any distortion. Vref will be adjusted with a trimpot until mid-point voltage is around 3.85V to 4.00V. This would yield roughly 1.77V RMS at the output (I think).

Now I'm not too sure how I would connect the output stage using transformers. Please see the attached image, and ignore the 180ohm resistor and change it to 135ohm. Is the 100K resistor still required, and is everything else correct?

Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• tda1543.jpg
    tda1543.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 291
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.