Cirrus Logic CS4397 DAC KIT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi to all members:

Anybody can help me please with this DAC Kit I´ve recently buyed at eBay.

After some searchs and readings, I decided to do some mods and now it did not work. No sound and the blue bulb light that indicate it´s on did not power up :-/

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• DSC_2173.jpg
    DSC_2173.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 424
Hi F1 FAN:

Thanks for your reply.

Someone told in the DIY community: concerning the upsampling frequencies the board does not work as advertised. It works only with 44K!

To put it working at 96KHz simply lift the M4 pin (2) from the PCB and bridge it to the CS8416 96KHz pin (16) with a wire.

I dont know why but now the blue LED lights up but still no sound :-(

I will try to desolder the wire and bridge the PIN 2 to PIN 3, and may do some prides to music Gods in the name of CS4397 life!

I tried to mod one of those. The PCB was so cheap that I pulled up several inches of the trace when I removed those caps.

I'm wouldn't recommended that one for modding. There's a slightly more expensive model that people have been buying that is much more robust.

Someone told in the DIY community: concerning the upsampling frequencies the board does not work as advertised. It works only with 44K!
acccruz, did you try this unit before you did the mods?If it worked then you may want to double check that you didn't damage a trace or something while modding.
Do you have a link to the mods?If so I would appreciate it as I have one of these boards on order myself and may want to try some things.

acccruz -

It looks like you have removed the caps at the outputs of the CS4397 and bridged across them. Why? The opamp that follows is not going to like DC on its inputs, is it?
I have seen many examples of dual differential DAC's being used without coupling caps preceeding the LPF and op amp..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.