Mission PCM 7000 (Philips CD 650)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Everybody,

I have a Mission PCM 7000, it's like Philips CD 650 inside.

A month ago I notice that after playing for an hour it starts showing "Error" on the display and didn't wanted to play any CD.
After I turn off the player for 30 min and then start it again it plays ok.

This scenario repeated for couple of weeks then it started to show "Error" in all situations no matter if it was just turned on or was turned on for an hour before I tried to play a cd.

I tried to change the transport so I got one from a Philips CD 160 which is CDM2/10, too, but with no success.

Can anyone give me some advice?
How can I check if the laser is still alive.

I forget to tell that I've changed all the caps on the transport board with tantalum ones.

Thank you,

Svilen

Yes, the Philips CD 160 is working perfect and it's reading every disk I try. In fact I am listening to it right now.

Yes, I tried the whole transport with the laser and the transport PCB to put in the Mission player but with no success.

Is there any cap that might be failed on the Main PCB on the Mission player that is important for the transport and so the current to the transport become unstable?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.