Chassis for CD-Pro2 transport

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Does anybody know somewhere to buy a decent chassis (at a decent price) for a CD-Pro2M transport? I have everything build and functional but I have not been able to box it in any decent way (for a few years).
Thanks,
Nic

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
The new thread was inspired by your post.......
Are they reliable? Is there any pricing for the chassis alone? I'm mostly interested because I already have the CD-Pro2M lying around. All transports sounds great with B32S over SPDIF. Something magic about the way the buffalo deals with jitter!!
Nic

The price is 480 USD, that's incl. shippingcosts from China. Delivery can take 6-8 wks. I think they are trustworthy but I heard stories that small parts went missing during transport, because of faulty packing, but in the end everything went okay with the seller.

Unfortunately it is well-known that the Italian post system sometimes is not too reliable. A lot of eBay sellers clearly state that they do not ship to Italy because of bad experiences.

This is really a shame for the Italian citizens. Hm, what to do? Will it help if the package can be shipped via DHL, UPS or similar? I haven´t checked the shipping cost - maybe it will be too high?

However, you might be lucky that the seller is willing to use one of the mentioned companies when shipping to Italy. It might be more relaible than the Italian post/mail system (?).

Karsten

PS! NicMac. If you are coming to Denmark (Christmas???) maybe you can have the package sent to Denmark. If possible, I will be happy to help you in this matter.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
The Italian post system is not that bad. I did not yet loose anything and as a audio DIY'ist I had a lot of stuff shipped from all over the world:)
The problem is the customs. Everything coming from the orient is opened controlled and assigned a "statistical" value. This takes a very long time and often make it cost quite a bit more in the end. It is like there is some unofficial trade barrier policy against packages/products coming from the orient. From the US everything passes quite smoothly and the customs rely on the declared value.
Thanks,
Nic

P.S. Thanks for your offer but I have my family in Denmark to help me out. Should you need my help for something down here just drop me a line;-)

Joined 2009
Paid Member
This morning I ordered the kit (i.e. paid by PayPal) with shipment to my address in Denmark. I added another 45$ to the 480$ price to get faster "EMS" delivery. Citation: "The EMS shipping cost need add US$45.00 (will take about 6 to 10days to arrive)". For a 10% increase in price a 1000% faster delivery time seems worth it!
Let's wait and see.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.