Chassis for CD-Pro2 transport - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th October 2009, 09:40 AM   #11
NicMac is offline NicMac  Italy
diyAudio Member

Nice - certainly one can see its a real DIY project
I was just hoping to pull out a few $$ to move the project from the workshop to the living room!
Thanks,
Nic
Old 9th October 2009, 09:45 AM   #12
jev is offline jev  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Thanks, btw it sounds very good maybe the best I ever have had. I use BNC connectors instead of the usual Cinch connectors. Very cheap 75 ohms cable that I wish to upgrade in the near future.
Old 10th October 2009, 06:46 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Quote"Hi Erik,
We ship to Netherlands and US$480.00 for the entire kit (incl. China Post SAL shippingcosts) except the "cdpro2" transport.
We inproved the package.(Double bag + paper)
Regards,Lei".

Looks like you were right about not shipping to Italy......
Old 10th October 2009, 08:17 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Yes - No shipping to Italy because of lost packages in the past.
Old 10th October 2009, 08:42 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Unfortunately it is well-known that the Italian post system sometimes is not too reliable. A lot of eBay sellers clearly state that they do not ship to Italy because of bad experiences.

This is really a shame for the Italian citizens. Hm, what to do? Will it help if the package can be shipped via DHL, UPS or similar? I haven´t checked the shipping cost - maybe it will be too high?

However, you might be lucky that the seller is willing to use one of the mentioned companies when shipping to Italy. It might be more relaible than the Italian post/mail system (?).

Karsten

PS! NicMac. If you are coming to Denmark (Christmas???) maybe you can have the package sent to Denmark. If possible, I will be happy to help you in this matter.
Old 10th October 2009, 09:53 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

The Italian post system is not that bad. I did not yet loose anything and as a audio DIY'ist I had a lot of stuff shipped from all over the world
The problem is the customs. Everything coming from the orient is opened controlled and assigned a "statistical" value. This takes a very long time and often make it cost quite a bit more in the end. It is like there is some unofficial trade barrier policy against packages/products coming from the orient. From the US everything passes quite smoothly and the customs rely on the declared value.
Thanks,
Nic

P.S. Thanks for your offer but I have my family in Denmark to help me out. Should you need my help for something down here just drop me a line;-)
Old 10th October 2009, 10:02 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

So you're also gonna buy the HIFIDIY MINI CDPRO ?
Old 10th October 2009, 10:07 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

Yes - I will. It looks like good value and I already have the (unboxed) transport.
Old 10th October 2009, 10:14 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

It will take a while, but in the end this will be an intersting thread with nice pics etc. Lookin forward.
Old 12th October 2009, 08:27 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

This morning I ordered the kit (i.e. paid by PayPal) with shipment to my address in Denmark. I added another 45$ to the 480$ price to get faster "EMS" delivery. Citation: "The EMS shipping cost need add US$45.00 (will take about 6 to 10days to arrive)". For a 10% increase in price a 1000% faster delivery time seems worth it!
Let's wait and see.

Hide this!Advertise here!