Help needed on Denon DCD-695 CD player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,
A friend of mine gave me this Denon CD player, model DCD-695. It can power up but the CD tray when open will not stop to allow me to place the CD on it. It will close immediately right after extending to the max.
I managed to hold the tray for a while to load in a CD. It’s not able to read the disc properly but I do notice the lens move up & down vertically. There was once it managed to read the content of the CD (I think) but when I hit the “Play” button, the lens will move slowly back & fore horizontally failing to play the track. The spinning speed of the CD is also not consistent.
I also noticed the CD is tilted higher at the back when it’s clamped on the transport. I reference these with the spacing between the CD & the tray, the spacing is more at the back.
I guess the easy way is to replace the whole transport. May I know what model of transport is this?
Any other suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Please disass'y the internal switch (so called "disc-in disc-out" in your service manual) inside of the loader and clean it carefully at it's contacts. If you have this done, check the other functions.
If you need the optical pick up (Type: KSS-240A), please note, there are many suppliers with bad quality, especially by very cheap offers.
Please check also the position of the four different springs for the subchassis (perhaps the reason, because CD is tilted higher at the back when it’s clamped on the transport).

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.