DAC using CS8416 and CS4398

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I am planning to build a DAC using the following chips: CS8416-CSZ and CS4398-CZZ. The CS8416 will be operating in hardware mode. The DAC should support unbalanced, transformer-coupled RCA input using and optical input using Toslinks. Any suggestions ?

I am planning to develop this as discrete felxible units so that I will be having the flexibility to change a sections easily. The sub-sections I have planned is:

1. Input section - RCA, TOSLINKS and line selectors.
2. Digital section - CS8416 and CS4398
3. Filter section - Solid state / Tubes ?
4. Power supply

Best regards,
Bins Paul.

Hi,

I am planning to build a DAC using the following chips: CS8416-CSZ and CS4398-CZZ. The CS8416 will be operating in hardware mode. The DAC should support unbalanced, transformer-coupled RCA input using and optical input using Toslinks. Any suggestions ?

I am planning to develop this as discrete felxible units so that I will be having the flexibility to change a sections easily. The sub-sections I have planned is:

1. Input section - RCA, TOSLINKS and line selectors.
2. Digital section - CS8416 and CS4398
3. Filter section - Solid state / Tubes ?
4. Power supply

Best regards,
Bins Paul.

Feel free to have a look!
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138230

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.