PCM 1704 request

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
vcelkamaja said:
Hello, does anybody have one or two pieces of TI (BB) PCM 1704 for free, please ? For the DAC project I need 4 pieces but unfortunately I have only 3, received as samples from TI. I can offer some other ICs (AD1896, AD1852, CS8412, ...). Thanks.

vcelkamaja

Why don't you ask one of your friends to order additional sample for you? ;)If not you can get it from here: http://www.digikey.com/scripts/us/dksus.dll?Criteria?Ref=37004&Cat=31523461

SPI programming is terribly easy on the AVR. You just configure one of the GPIO ports as the SPI, enable the SPI completion interrupt, send the first byte, and send subsequent bytes on every interrupt. To configure the PCM1738 would only require six bytes:

0x12,0x22,0x13,0x04,0x14,0x10

Translated: 24-bit right-justified data format, default settings other than disabling the internal digital filter and the internal system clock generator.

For some reason the datasheet claims that de-emphasis must be enabled when the internal digital filter is bypassed. If you think that is wrong (I do), use this instead:

0x12,0x20,0x13,0x04,0x14,0x10

When I saw this thread I went and ordered the last two 1704-K's from Digikey.
However after I had placed my order, Digikey showed 76 in stock!!!
Methinks there is something fishy about the way they report their stock unless they just happened to get a new shipment of K-grade that day :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.