CDPro2 9V modification

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I assembled a CDPro2 transport from hifidiy.net. It sounds great on the start but as a DIYer, you always look for modification. The power supply is using two stages LM317. One 5V for CDPro2 (digital circuit), One 5V for onboard digital circuit and one 9V for CDPro2.

I changed the 5V power supply for CDPro2 to DEXA. The background becomes more quiet. Now my question is - would there be great improvement by changing the 9V supply? Bearing in mind that this 9V is only for the drive motor.

Catbag

My experience is that different 9V supplies can make a difference to the performance. I went from a plain vanilla LM317 reg to a full blown 1.2A shunt reg kindly designed by a friend of mine (I couldn't cope with doing that!). The improvement was fairly subtle but worth having. The bass was cleaner and felt a little more extended.

The 9V drives the motor and laser servos as far as I know so high current and good transient performance are what to look for.

Simon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.