DIY CD Player with RC, display, 2 drives changer and CD-Text.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Convert PCB files to different formats

You can print any PCB files to PCX or PS files and manage them with this attachment. I don't know the fusebits for AT90S8515, but they should be exact to ATMega. zwora in labels means short-circuited.

Attachments

• diyaudio_autotrax_print.zip
    161.7 KB · Views: 250
source in BASCOM

It's very sad that the author is an egoist and he did freeware, not open source. Fortunately, You can analyze and change anything in the first and second firmware version, which doesn't have cd-text, changer, and any remote (only one key assignment). 3rd firmware was written in C, 1st and 2nd in BASCOM, which is popular in Poland.

With doing mods CD-Text specification can be useful. Author says that reading ATAPI specification was useful when coding.

1st and 2nd firmware sources in attachment.

Attachments

• diy_cdplayer_bascom_source.zip
    11.8 KB · Views: 205
video

YouTube - DIY CD Player with CD-TEXT & 2xCD

19' rack
49_1253746886.jpg

how to get kits

You can buy it in an e-store, but I cannot see if they lead foreign trade. In Poland there are 2 different kits number AVT2660A+ and AVT2660B.

PCBs + programmed IC (1st firmware)

PCBs+ all parts

Ask them if they would send it to you:
handlowy@avt.pl

Still I think shipping is nonsense. If you really wanna get it, do it on a universal PCB and IC sockets. That's the best method to achieve really great CD Player. I found making it in a steel case and connect GND to case eliminate distortions. Also, good reason to start flashing Atmel :)

if You use transformer with graetz the stabilisers must be at least 1,5A (with S label). If you use atx power supply you don't need them (they cannot be there!), because the current is stabilised inside the power supply. You need to change a little bit the application. It's shown in the pdf what you need with what kind of supplying.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.