naim CD3 repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
You need to use a scope to check where the problem lies. You are just guessing otherwise.
Failing that locate the output pin/s of the DAC/s, desolder and swap the left/right channels over. That will prove if the fault is in the analogue or digital stages.

OK. Working full.
My opinion: the sound is strange: almost one of the best cdp i have lissen.
Defect was a faulty opamp (is the firt time for me find a very simple and anomalous leakage).
sobstituted the opa604ap with opa627bp (more dark sound and better treble, bass with enormous difference in positive).
the circuit is very simple.
the na-cd vs cd-650 half tuned, and cd150 fully tuned is a bit step up, some armonics is lost maybe. cd150 with nos convertion and fake SRPP AD825-6524 sound more armonics.
the decision very difficult now is if the nos convertion is better and if the opa replacement is the better way.
tomorrow hard listening (today 34°C and 100% rh)!!! tooo hottt

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab210/distortion_2010/test.jpg
:spin:
OK. Another test was passed. Confirm the good value of naim Na-CD3.
I've opted for the operational OPA627AP and NOS. :D
I must say that the omega3-clone with t-amp and CD3 really good! (extension, air, sondstage) recommend! The rest of the listening chain is: nait2 and Kan Mk1 (can see in photos).
But it is too too hot. (33°C and 100% rh), need rain!!!
Actually the circuit of CD3 is very simple and very clean. When the layout and components are truly works wonders quality straordinary.:cloud9:

....I too am having issues with heavy distortion at the audio output - both channels on CD3.

I previously solved this by replacing the 1541A some years ago, but the same issue arose again and this time replacing the DAC did not fix. I think I see regulator voltage issues and am looking into the digital stages but am struggling without a circuit diagram. Do any of you good people have one for the CD-3 ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.